Chapter 6

After Father's Day I have been sleeping in another room. Adam's Father's Day card keeps running through my head. 'I love my father because he's going to give me a brother."

Ryker wraps his arms around my waist and he kisses my neck. "I know what Adam's card said freaked you out last week. I don't want to rush into giving Adam and Santana any siblings. We'll take our time before deciding what we want to do next."

My eyes become blurred from the tears. I turn slightly and look into his brown eyes. "Do you mean that?"

He kisses my collarbone and it sends shivers throughout my body. "Yes,"

I finish washing the dishes. "I need to get ready for work. I don't want my boss to get cranky that he didn't get his morning coffee."

Ryker throws his head back and laughs. The sound of his laugh brings a smile to my face.

Ryker touches my face. "You beautiful a when you smile. I want to keep that look on your face."

Santana and Adam run into the room they have their shirts on backwards and inside out.

"Ryker, did you let the kids change themselves?"

He turns to me. "Yeah," he looks over at our kids and laughs. "I suppose I could have helped them out with their shirts."

I walk over to Santana and Adam. "Let me put your t-shirts on the right way."

Santana yells. "NO,"

I stop reaching for them. "Do you want to go to school like that?"

"Yes," Adam says. "I'm a big boy. I can dress myself."

Santana says. "I'm a big girl, Mummy."

I can't argue with them.

I pick up the kids bags and walk to the car.

Ryker climbs into the driver's seat while I buckle the kids in.

I jump in the front seat and Ryker pulls out of the driveway.

On the way to the preschool Santana and Adam sing Twinkle, Twinkle little Star at the top of their voices.

I cover my ears to block them out.

"Kids, lower your voice we're in the car not outside."

Ryker pull the car into the preschool parking lot and parks close the gate. He opens the door for Adam.

I step out of the car and unbuckle my daughter. She holds her arms out for me to pick her up. I pick her up and place her on hip. I shut the door with butt.

Ryker holds Adam's hand as they walk through the gate.

When I get to the gate I put Santana on the ground. Ryker keys in the pin on the electronic keypad. The door opens and we walk into the pre-school.

Santana and Adam run over to the train set. They build the tracks and then put the train on it.

Ryker and I watch our kids play from their lockers. "We should get to the office." Ryker takes my hand.

Santana stops playing and runs over to me. "I want a kiss."

I bend down and kiss her cheek. "Be good, San."

She hugs me. "I will."

Ryker is kissing his son while he's playing with the train set.

Santana runs over to Adam and hits him. Adam hits her and Santana starts crying.

I pick up my princess and carry her over to table. "Draw something for me. It's not nice to hit, Adam."

"Adam was stealing, Daddy from me."

My daughter is already attached to Ryker and Adam.

Ryker walks over to Santana. "Why did you hit your brother?"

Santana pouts. "He was getting all your attention." She kisses Ryker.

I walk over to Adam and give him a kiss. "I'll see you tonight, Buddy. Be good."

Adam kisses my cheek. "I will. Love you, Mum."

Santana and I haven't been in town for long and we are playing family.

My stomach starts to twist. "Where's the bathroom?" I ask one of the teacher's.

The teacher shows me to the bathroom. I empty my stomach and I have tears running down my face.

Ryker finds me in the toilet with my head resting on the seat. He lifts me up and carries me to the basin.

I wash my hands and face.

He brushes my hair out of my face. "I'm taking you home." Ryker carries me to the car and places me in the front seat.

Ryker connects the Bluetooth and calls the office. "Hello, Sullivan Inc. This is Marlene."

"Hey, Marlene. It's Ryker. I'll be late into the office. Can you please organise a replacement for Miss Collins. She's not feeling well."

"Yes, Sir. What time do you need the replacement in?"

"I need her right away." Ryker disconnects the Bluetooth.

I fall asleep on the trip home.

***

UNKNOWN POV

She hasn't taken my threat seriously well the next one she will. She will regret ever crossing me. I'm going to dig up all her skeletons in her closet. Then I will share it with the man I was supposed to have before this bitch came along and took him from him.

My PI walks into the room. "This is address you can find everything you need to know about her. She has enemies and they will come after her if you chose that route."

I nod. "I don't care about her protection. I need to get rid of her once and for all." I give him the envelope. "I know you have access to Ryker's place. Put this on the kitchen table. It's addressed to Jacinta I hope she takes this warning seriously."

The PI puts on a pair of gloves and tucks it under his arm. He walks out the door with turning to her.

An hour later, Ryker walks into his office. He ignores me as he shuts the door and sits behind his computer.

Maybe I should get him a coffee.

I walk over to the coffee machine and start it. I put the plastic cup under the machine and start it. Coffee pours into the cup and I carry it to his office.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

I'll try to post every Monday for this book