Chapter 3

Today Santana and I are going back to our place. I pack our stuff into the overnight bags and carry them to the car.

Ryker is standing next to the car. "I hate seeing you leave all the time. You should move in with me."

I shake my head. "I can't. Santana and I need to learn to survive on our own. The last person I was with always made things difficult for us. I don't want to rely on you all the time."

He kisses me. "I'll see you tomorrow at the office at 9am."

I nod. "Okay, boss." I pull the car out of the driveway.

I feel like a piece of me is left behind with Ryker and his son.

"Mummy are you going to marry, Ryker?"

I look in the rear view at the little girl that resembles me. "No, but, I do care for him."

Santana look at the TV. "I like him."

I smile. "Me too, sweetheart."

It takes ten minutes and I'm pulling into the driveway. I get Santana out of the car and pull our overnight bags out of the car.

Santana runs up to the door and waits for me to open it. I unlock the door and she runs to her bedroom.

I put our stuff in the laundry. There's heaps of clothes on the floor and I put a load of washing on.

Santana enters the kitchen. "I'm hungry Mummy."

I make Santana a ham sandwich. I cut the crust off and slice the bread until it resembles squares.

"Thank you." she looks at the plate. "Can I watch Peppa Pig?"

I set the TV up for her and put the disc into the DVD player.

I leave my daughter to watch her show.

My phone vibrates on the counter.

Me: Hello?

Ryker: I'm bored. Can we come over, please?

I laugh.

Me: Do you already miss me?

Ryker: I always miss you when you are not near me. What have you done to me, Jacinta?

Me: Sounds like someone is whipped.

He laughs and it send tingles through my body.

Is that possible? He can affect me while he is on the other end of the telephone?

Ryker: When it comes to you I'm a lot of things.

Aw, that's sweet.

Me: You shouldn't. Ryker, you don't know about my past and once I tell you, you will look at me differently.

Ryker: I don't care about the past. The future is what I care about you. I can't imagine anything better than having you as my wife.

Me: Can you give me a couple of months before I tell you my story. I want to enjoy what we started for a little longer?

Ryker: Okay,

Me: If you want you can spend the night. Bring dinner with you.

Ryker: I will.

I hang up the phone and the washing finishes. I shakes the clothes out and take them to the backyard and hang up the washing.

Santana walks out with her basketball. "Mummy, can you show me some tricks with the ball?"