7

Ryker dropped me off at home three hours ago and I've been sleeping since. I'm woken by something smashing on the ground and I jump out of bed.

I quietly open the bedroom door and make my way to Adam's room. I pick up the baseball bat that's placed next to the door.

I make my way downstairs and everything is quiet. I check every room before I step in the kitchen.

On the table is a thick yellow envelope. I open the envelope and articles fall across the table.

I let out a sob.

Who would put those here. I've been trying to forget that incident.

On the back of the photo is a message. If you don't leave I'll be forced to show Ryker the kind of woman you are. How could you kill your husband.

I put the photo's back in the envelope and take them up to the bedroom. I place them in the suitcase and exit the room.

I hope I don't get anymore of these. I don't want to keep moving to protect my daughter and myself.

I look around the house and try to find the place that the person used to break in.

Next to the front door I come across a tag on the floor.

Someone has a key to the house. I'll have to talk to Ryker when he gets home from work.

I put the jug on to make a tea.

After the tea I enter the lounge room and wrap a blanket around me. I turn the TV on and flick through the channels. I find some show on the TV and watch it.

I fall asleep during the movie.

Sometime later I hear the front door open and patter of feet running into the room. My daughter throws her arms around my neck.

She pulls back. "Mummy, are you feeling better?"

"I'm feeling alright. What did you do at preschool today?"

Ryker enters the house with the kids backpacks.

Santana takes her bag from Ryker's hand and runs over to me. She sits on the floor and pulls things out of her bag.

"This is for you, Mummy." She gives me the picture.

I take it from her.

There's a picture of Ryker, Adam, her and me with a house in the background. Above the picture it says 'my family.'

I look at Ryker. "Have you seen this?"

He nods. "Will you go out with me tomorrow night?"

I smile. "I would love to."

"I'm going to order dinner." Ryker leaves the room.

Santana looks at me. "Are you going to marry, Dad?"

I'm starting to get used to my daughter calling Ryker, dad. I just wish I met him before my husband. But, then our kids wouldn't be here and I can't imagine a world with either of them not in it.

Adam sits on the couch."Mummy, I want to watch Cars."

"Nah-uh, Peppa Pig."

The kids start yelling. "MUMMY,"

Ryker enters the room. "Dinner will be here in thirty minutes." He looks at Adam and Santanta. "What's going on here?"

"I want to watch Peppa the Pig." Santana says.

The kids start hitting each other and I turn off the TV. "Kids, find something else to do."

I turn the TV off.

I move towards the stairs and I hold onto the railing as I make my way up the stairs. I turn the shower on and step inside.

The water cascades over my body. I put a small amount of shampoo in my hand and wash my hair.

While I was washing my body I start to feel dizzy and I grab onto the glass door. My body tilts to the side and I fall against the tiled wall. I hit my head and everything goes black.

***

Unknown

My phone rings and I look at the caller ID before I pick up.

Me: Helllo?

P.I.: I broke into the house while she was sleeping. I put the envelope on the table for her. She ran into the kitchen with a baseball bat.

I laugh.

What an idiot.

Me: Did she do anything?

P.I.: Not really. I think she took the envelope upstairs. I don't think she's going to leave.

Me: you have to go to her ex in laws place and tell them you need all the information about her. If they ask where she is you tell them.

P.I.: Is there anything else I can do for you?

Me: Just get rid of the woman and child.

P.I.: Yes, Madame.

I hang up the phone.

Ryker exits his office. He looks at me. "I have to pick up my kids. I'll you tomorrow."

Kids? Why the hell is he calling Jacinta's kid his?

"Bye, sir." I pull the headset off and drop it on the ground.

Fuck!

I throw things on the ground and tip the plants over.

What does Jacinta have that I don't?

I grab my things and leave the office. I climb into the black convertible and head towards Ryker's place.

At Ryker's I can see her car still in the driveway.

Why won't that girl take my threats seriously? I'll have to get someone to help me out.

I see an ambulance pull into the driveway.

A couple minutes later, a woman is rolled out on the stretcher and placed in the back of the ambulance.

I smirk.

Now, I can get rid of the little girl. All I have to do is get rid of Jacinta and then I can get what I want.

I pull my phone out of my pocket. I call the P.I.

Me: Hey, Jacinta Collins is in the hospital. The daughter needs a Guardian.

P.I.: Santana is with her Guardian. Last month Jacinta signed a Will adding Ryker to it.

Me: You should let the Grandparents know. They might want to see the girl.

P.I.: I can't interfere in this anymore than I have. You'll have to find someone else to help you."

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Here's the newest update for Falling for the CEO. Sorry it's a couple days late as I spent heaps of time exploring San Francisco which reminds me so much of Sydney, Australia.