8

I wake up in a white room that smells like disinfectant and in the background I hear a low beep. I turn my head to the left and find a machine there. I follow the wire to my index finger.

In a chair fast asleep is Ryker.

Where's my daughter?

My eyes adjust to the dark room and I find two small beds next to each other and I see my kid's in the beds.

The door opens to the private room and I squint my eyes as the nurse enters. She checks me over and she tell me what happened.

"We've run some tests on you Miss and we found out that you are pregnant."

My mouth drops open.

I'm pregnant? I didn't want it to happen like this. Someone wants me to leave town with my daughter. This is going to make me want to stay more.

The nurse exits the room.

Ryker stirs and he looks over at me. He smiles. "You're finally awake."

I nod. "Yeah, the nurse told me about the tests she ran and they all came back clean. She doesn't know why I ended up here. But, I get to go home tomorrow."

He rises and moves over to the bed. "That's great. I have to go to the office for a couple of hours. I'll cancel my afternoon meetings and I'll pick you up. We can pick the kids up early from the school."

I pull the covers away from my body. "You didn't look comfortable on that chair."

He laughs. "It wasn't. My neck hurts." He climbs under the covers with me. He pulls me into his arms.

Ryker kisses me. He pulls away from me. "You're keeping something from me. I can see the secret is killing you."

I burst into tears.

I can't tell him.

He holds onto me. "I don't care what you did. I didn't know you when this thing happened."

***

Unknown

I pull my car into the driveway of a white two story house. It has a flag on the house and a white picket fence. There's a wrap-around porch and a swinging chair.

An elderly lady steps out of the house. She looks at me. "Who are you? What do you want?" She yells.

I step out of my car and climb the stairs to her place. "My name doesn't matter. What I want is a different matter. I know all about that woman that killed your son and took your Grandchild away from you."

She smiles and sits on the swinging chair. "Please, sit down. Do you know where they are?"

I nod. "Yes," I look into her eyes as I say. "I want you to kill her. You get your revenge on her for killing your boy and you also get your Grandchild. You'll be in a win-win situation."

"What do you get out of this?"

I cross my arms. "I get the man she stole from me. I get a child I've always wanted and most importantly I get a family."

The old lady pulls out her phone. "I'm going to make a few calls. I'll gather my family and we'll head to the town."

"Oh, there's something else. Jacinta is in the hospital. Something happened to her last night."

She laughs. "Karma's caught up with that girl. I'm going to call my Grandson the Doctor. He'll be there in no time. Which hospital is she at?"

"Endurance Bay private hospital."

"Endurance Bay. She moved to another small town, I thought that girl would have been smarter than that. She settled in a small town with a man. I hope that man isn't in too deep with her. She will backstab him and then kill him if he crosses any lines, like my Grandson."

I rise from the seat. "Here's the address to her house, boyfriends place and the hospital. I have to go home and show the evidence of how dangerous she is. My phone number is on the back. Give me a call when you get into town and I can tell you where you can find Jacinta if she's not in the hospital."

The woman shakes my hand. "Thank you for helping us."

I climb into my car and pull out of the driveway.

***

It takes nine hours to get back to Endurance Bay and I'm exhausted. I look at the time on the dashboard and it says five.

I pull into the office parking lot and I let myself into the office. I walk over to the lounge in Ryker's office.

I wrap the blanket around me and fall asleep.

I feel someone shake me awake. I bolt up and look into the blue eyes of my boss.

He points to the door. "Get out of my office. How many times do I have to tell you not to come in here uninvited? My girlfriend wouldn't have been impressed to find you in here."

I shrug. "She wasn't going to know. I saw her get rushed to the hospital, Boss. She's not the perfect woman you think she is. She's got a past and it's not a pretty one."

"GET OUT OF MY OFFICE." He yells.

I climb off the lounge and stop next to the door. "I'll be back later with everything you need to know about that woman you're living with. You deserve to know who you're keeping company with. You should keep a better eye on that son of yours." I slam the door.

I settle at my desk and switch on the computer. I walk over to the kitchen and make a coffee for Ryker and me.

I place my cup on the table and enter his office.

He takes the cup from me. "Thank you,"

I exit the office and take a seat at my desk.

A guy enters the office. "I'm Lionel and I have an appointment with Mr Sullivan."

"Take a seat and I'll let him know you're here."

He takes a seat and I call Ryker.

A couple minutes, later Ryker exits his office. He stops next to my desk. "I need you to cancel all my appointments from one o'clock onwards. I need to pick Jacinta up from the hospital."

"Yes, sir."

Ryker and the guy walk into his office.

I pull the files out of my top draw and place it on my desk.

I'm going to show him what kind of person Jacinta is. Then he'll come to me and we can have our happily ever after.

My phone rings and I look at the caller ID 'Hitman.'

Me: Hello?

Hitman: I'm calling to tell you that the money transfer was cancelled.

Me: That's because I want the job done before I pay you.

Hitman: It doesn't work like that, Babe. Money up front or no job will be done for you.

Me: I've got some help coming in. So, I don't need you.

I have a family that will have their revenge on Jacinta.

I hang up the phone as Ryker and the guy exit the office.

Ryker shakes hands with the guy. "It's great to do business with you, Mr Edwards. I'll see you on Monday."

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

I hope you all like the latest update of Falling for the CEO. Let me know what you think. The next chapter will be in Ryker's POV.