9

Ryker POV

It's 11am, when I return to the office from a meeting across town. I enter my office and find Marlene asleep on my lounge.

Why does she always make her way to my office? We were never anything serious. It's like she wants to ruin things between Jacinta and I. I need to get her out of my office.

I shake her awake. "Get out of my office. How many times do I have to tell you not to come in here uninvited? My girlfriend wouldn't be impressed to find you in here."

She shrugs. "She wasn't going to know. I saw her get rushed to the hospital, Boss. She's not the perfect woman you think she is. She's got a past and it's not a pretty one."

Jacinta wouldn't hurt anyone. I can't believe Marlene would say something like that.

"GET OUT OF MY OFFICE NOW!" I yell.

She climbs off the lounge and stops next to the door. "I'll be back later with everything you need to know about that woman your living with. You should keep a better on that son of yours." She slams the door.

Why would I need to keep a better eye on my son?

I sit at my desk and go through the papers I got signed last night.

I got a new development contract for Endurance Bay. I will be creating a new hotel and shopping mall. I believe this town will start to get recognised.

I want my family to keep up with the times. But, I also want to keep some buildings to remain as they were when my family started building this town.

Marlene enter my office with a cup of coffee. She places it on the table in front of me.
I look at the cup. "Thank you,"

She exits my office.

Five minutes later, my phone is ringing and I pick it up. "Hello, this is Ryker Sullivan."

"Sir, your 9.30 appointment is here."

"Tell him I'll be right out."

I rise and head out of my office.

I lift my head up from the bed and look at the beautiful woman in front of me in a hospital bed.

Her beautiful brown eyes are open and she smiles. It lights up her entire face. "Good morning, Ry."

I hug her. "It's good to see you awake, beautiful. Do you remember what happened?"

She nods. "I felt dizzy in the shower and I slipped over and hit my head. That's all I remember."

The doctor stands next to the door. "I need to check her vitals before she leaves. I need you to leave, Sir."

I kiss her cheek. "I'll be outside." I exit the room.

I lean against the wall while the doctor looks after Jacinta. I slide down the wall and wait for the doctor to finish his job.

I hear a scream come from the room. I move toward the door. I jingle the door handle and I find it locked.

What's that doctor doing to her?

***

Jacinta POV

The doctor stands next to the door. "I need to check her vitals before she leaves. I need you to leave, Sir."

Ryker kisses my cheek. "I'll be outside." He exits the room.

As the doctor steps closer to me I recognise him as my ex's brother.

Shit! How did Luca find me? That family wasn't supposed to find me.

I start to scream.

He's going to kill me.

The heart machine starts to go off.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, LUCA?"

He smiles. "You took my brother's life. I'm here to take yours. My niece will be taken care of when she lives with my family."

No, they can't kill me and take my daughter.

I hear the door handle jiggle.

Ryker heard my scream. He should just kick the door in.

I see Luca put the needle into some clear bottle.

Luca pulls the needle out and he looks at me. "This is for killing my brother, bitch." He moves towards me.

The door is kicked in and Ryker enters the room. He tackles Luca and they fight.

I watch as the needle rolls under the bed. I climb off the bed and pick up the needle. I wait for Ryker to move out of the way before I plunge the needle into Luca's neck.

Luca's eyes widen. "My family are going to kill you. They know you're in town and once they find out you killed another member of the family all the people you know won't be safe." He closes his eyes.

I walk over to the bed and strip out of the hospital gown. I put on a pair of jeans and t-shirt.

I need to see my daughter.

Ryker rises and he looks at me. His eyes are wide. "You've killed before?"

I nod. "It was self-defence. My husband tried to kill my daughter. I got him first and then I ran away with my daughter. I'd do anything for my child."

Ryker moves towards me. "You're in shock right now. So, I won't ask for any more details about what he was talking about. Tonight, I want you to sit down with me and fill me on everything. I'm going to take you home, now."

I shake my head. "I don't want to go home right away. I need to make sure my kids are safe before I go home."

Ryker and I exit the hospital and he drive me straight to the pre-school. When I get there I run out of the car and into the building. Santana and Adam run over to me and they wrap there arms around me.

I wish I could stay here like this with my children.

I hug my children to me and I feel tears fall from my face. Santana pulls away from me and she wipes my tears away. "Don't cry."

"I love you, Santana and Adam."

"We love you, Mum." They say.

I love it when Adam calls me Mum.

Ryker moves over to us. "Kids, I need to take your Mum home." He helps me stand and we exit the school.

***

Later that night I am in kitchen cooking chicken legs and chips. Ryker enters the house with Santana and Adam.

Ryker looks at me. "There's a black car parked in front of the house. Do you know who owns it?"

I shake my head. "Ryker, I was thinking for the safety of Adam and you that Santana and I should leave."

Ryker stops walking toward me. He shakes his head. "I'm not going to let you leave with my daughter. I want to help you, Jacinta. Since, you came into town my life has made sense." He looks at the ground. "After my wife died I couldn't imagine dating another woman until you came along." He takes a step toward me. "I want you. The good, the bad and the ugly. Everything with you makes sense."

I move toward him and wrap my arms around him. "When the kids are in bed I will tell you everything you need to know about Santana's father and his family. Let's enjoy the night with our kids."

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the latest chapter of Falling for the CEO.

Three more chapter until the epilogue.