Chapter 5

It's Father's Day in Aus. So I thought that I would write something special for the Father's in my books. I hope you all enjoy this SPECIAL chapter.

***

Santana and Adam walk into my bedroom. Santana shakes me and I turn to her. "Mummy, can you help us make breakfast for Father's Day?"

I climb out of bed. "Alright, what do you kids want to make?"

"French toast, scrambled eggs and bacon."

The kids and I make breakfast for Ryker.

Today the kids and I are going to make it a special day for Ryker. Ryker and I don't have any living relatives so we don't have to travel to each other parents place.

The kids help me take breakfast to Ryker.

Adam jumps on the bed next to his father. "Wake up, Daddy." He yells.

Ryker opens his eyes. "Shhh, Jacinta's still sleeping."

I laugh. "No, I'm not. The kids woke me up to make you breakfast in bed."

"Happy Father's Day, Dad." Adam hugs his father.

Santana holds onto me as father and son hug.

I wish my daughter had this type of relationship with hers before he died.

*Last Father's Day*

Santana walked into her Dad's room with his Father's Day presents. She taps him on the shoulder. "Daddy, I brought you some presents and breakfast in bed."

He takes the presents from her and opens it.

Santana got him a new wallet and a box of chocolates.

He slaps her. "I don't like chocolates and I already have a wallet."

Santana is on the floor crying.

I pick up my daughter and glare at my husband. "You hit me. I forgive you. You touch my daughter and we're leaving you."

I grab an ice pack from the freezer and put it on my daughter's face. I pick up the car keys from the table and drive her to the hospital.

I spent the rest of the day at the hospital getting dirty looks from the nurses and patients.

The police and Children's Services interviewed me about what happened to my daughter. After that I was free to go.

I took my daughter to a hotel when she was released.

That night my husband came after my daughter and I.

He held us hostage in the hotel room at gun point. "Get your bags you are coming home with me."

"No," I turn to my daughter. "Hide in the bathroom."

My daughter runs into the bathroom and I hear the door lock.

I pull my Glock 42 out of my handbag.

He puts his finger on trigger.

I shot him before he could get me.

*End of Last Father's Day*

I have tears running down my face.

I wish I could get away from the day I shot my husband, but, I can't the memories of that night keeps running through my head.

Ryker pulls me into his arms. "Do you want to tell me what's going on?"

I shake my head. "No, I'll tell you when the time is right."

He kisses my head. "Alright,"

I set the tray on the bedside table.

Ryker sit in bed and eat his breakfast the kids and I. After breakfast Adam and Santana go to their room and get the Father's Day presents for Ryker.

They return with the presents and place it in front of him.

Ryker opens the Father's Day card from Adam. He reads out: "I love my Daddy because he's going to give me a brother."

What the ???

The glass I had in my hand shatters on the ground.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Next update Tuesday