Chapter 1

One month later...

I'm sitting on the decking that overlooks the bay in the house I bought a month ago. Every morning I watch the boats coming go from the bay.

This place is so beautiful.

I feel the chill to the air and pull my jumper around me while I sip my coffee.

My phone starts ringing.

"Hello, this is Jacinta."

"It's Marlene, we need you to come into the office early. What time can you be here?"

I look at the time. "40 minutes."

"We'll see you then."

Santana is watching Peppa pig.

"Sweetheart, you need to get ready for school."

"Mummy, I want to watch Peppa pig."

"You can watch it when you get home from school. Go upstairs now and get ready."

Santana stomps up the stairs. "I don't like you, mum."

I roll my eyes and watch my daughter go up the stairs. Then I hear her bedroom door slam.

I wash the dishes and then go upstairs to get ready for work.

I get to meet the boss today.

***

I pull into the parking lot at Jenny's preschool. Santana and I step out of the car. On the way into the building I crash into a hard chest. Strong arms catch me before I can fall. I look into the familiar Blue eyes with cropped dark hair and tanned skin. "Ryker."

He smiles. "Hey beautiful, it's been a long time."

I roll my eyes. "You just saw me on Saturday."

"We should get the kids together during the week. I want to spend an evening with you and Santana."

I smile. "Yeah we should."

Ryker moves closer to me. He sniffs with me.

OMG! He just sniff me?

He whispers. "I've missed your honey scent around my house."

I laugh. "Your cheesy."

"Only when it comes to you, Sweetheart."

I shake my head. "I'd love to stand around and chat with you all day, but, I have to drop Santana off and rush to the office."

"Which office is this?"

"Endurance Bay!"

He smiles. "You've met your boss."

What the hell is he trying to tell me?

"This is going to be a stupid question, how have I met him?"

He laughs. "I'm the CEO of Endurance Bay office. My family are the founders of this place."

Shit! I'm falling for the CEO of the company I work for.

I step pass him. "I'll see you at the office, Ryker."

He nods and walks to his car. Ryker, doesn't take his eyes off me.

I type the code into the electronic alarm. It beeps letting Santana and I to step inside. I sign Santana in and put her bag on the shelf. "Bye, Sweetheart. Behave yourself."

"I will mum. Look there's Adam." She runs over to him and they start playing.

She waves at me.

I walk out of the preschool and head to my car.