Chapter 25. Mad.

"Wow, it's really nice to meet you, Charlie," Eugenia said, extending her hand with a warm smile.

"Likewise," He replied, his eyes lingering on his ex.

"Well, I think it's time for us to get going," She suggested.

"Actually, Selena, do you mind if we talk somewhere?" He asked, shaking her hand.

"I'm with my girlfriend," She stated firmly.

"It'll only take a second, I promise," He pleaded.

"Go ahead," Eugenia interjected, giving her approval.

"Are you sure about this, babe?" She asked seeking reassurance.

Eugenia smiled and nodded, her eyes fixed on her ex. She hoped that Charlie wouldn't stir up any trouble, uncertain of what the conversation might bring.

"I'm sure," She replied, giving Selena's hand a gentle squeeze.

"I'll text you when I'm done," Selena assured, planting a quick kiss on her lips before watching her head towards the hotel room.

"Let's go," He said, leading her to a nearby bar.

"Alright, spill the beans. What did you want to talk about?" She asked, taking a seat on a stool.

"I wanted to tell you that I'm getting married," He announced, settling down next to her.

"That's incredible! I'm genuinely happy for you," She exclaimed, pulling him into a hug.

"Thank you. She brings me so much joy," He shared, returning the embrace before pulling away.

"You're welcome. I'm glad you found your perfect match," Selena said, her smile radiating with genuine happiness.

"I'm guessing she's your perfect match too," He remarked.

"Yeah, she is. I love her more than I ever thought possible," She replied, her voice filled with adoration.

"I can tell just by the way you look at her," He observed.

"I've actually been wanting to propose to Eugenia for a while now," She admitted, nervously biting her lip.

"So, what are you waiting for?" He encouraged.

"I'm just not sure if I can. We went through a painful breakup, and although we've reunited, sometimes I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around her," She confessed.

"I suggest trying to keep things going well and asking whenever you're ready. I know it can be tough, but I'm here for you Selena," He said empathetically.

"Thank you. I'm so happy we found our people. I would be honored to attend your wedding," She said, smiling warmly.

"I was going to invite you anyway," Charlie said, grinning.

"I would love to come," She said, feeling touched.

"You're officially invited now," He said, chuckling.

"Thank you so much for everything. I should probably get going now. Thanks for the invite," She said, smiling.

"Take care, Selena. You're always welcome," He said, waving goodbye.

"Bye," She said, waving back before walking away.

As she entered the room, saw Eugenia and exhaled, grabbing a towel to dry herself off. She changed her clothes and walked over to Eugenia, smiling.

"Hey, babe," She said, feeling relieved to be with someone who cared about her.

"Hi," Eugenia replied, pressing a soft kiss to her cheek.

"I missed you," She said putting her arms around her neck.

"I missed you too. Hey, how was the talk with him?" Eugenia's said and felt her heart race as she felt Selena's arms wrap around her neck.

"It was good talk. He invited us to his wedding," Selena replied, her lips brushing against Eugenia's in a brief kiss.

"I'm glad he didn't try anything with you." She said.

"I honestly thought he was going to ask to get back with him." Selena said.

"Well, he didn't," She said, trying to keep her voice steady as she walked over to the couch and sat down.

"I've always wondered what my life would be like if he never cheated," Selena confessed.

"You would get back with him then?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"I never said that," Selena replied, her tone defensive.

"You didn't have to say anything," Eugenia said, standing up and glaring at her.

"You're being a little bit dramatic right now, babe." Selena said.

"Oh, now I know what you really think about me, Selena," Eugenia argued as she stormed out of the room.

"Wait, come back!" Selena yelled after her, but Eugenia didn't answer.

Eugenia sighed. She sat down in the lobby, feeling like Selena was playing her for leaving almost a year ago.

"Hey, you okay?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Eugenia said with a forced smile.

"She just told me that she's in love with you," Charlie said.

"I know that," Eugenia replied, her heart racing.

"You need to fight for her," Charlie said.

"I'm worried she'll cheat on me and everything will be ruined," Eugenia admitted.

"Try to be positive," Charlie said.

"I'll try, okay?" Eugenia replied, feeling a glimmer of hope.

"Good luck," Charlie said, waving as Eugenia headed back to the room.

As she closed the door behind her, Eugenia knew that she had to fight for Selena, no matter what. She sighed softly.

Selena approached Eugenia with a heavy heart, her gaze fixed on the ground as she let out a soft sigh. Nervously, reached up and rubbed the back of her neck, her lips pressed tightly together.

"I'm sorry," She whispered, finally meeting her girlfriend's eyes.

"It's okay, babe," Eugenia reassured her, her voice filled with understanding.

"I really shouldn't have said that," Selena mumbled, her regret evident.

"No, it's all okay. I promise, it's fine," Eugenia said, wrapping her arms around Selena's waist, offering comfort and support.

"I love you," Selena whispered, holding her even tighter.

"I love you too," She replied, leaning in to kiss her softly.

As the couple made their way to the bedroom, Selena changed into comfortable clothing. She settled down on the bed with her.

"Let's go to sleep now," Selena said, holding Eugenia close.

"Good night, babe," Eugenia replied, closing her eyes and holding her tightly in her arms.

---——