Chapter 9. Listen.

"What's on your mind?" Selena's fingers flew across the keyboard as she typed out the question to Eugenia.

She hit send. She waited anxiously for a response.

"I want to apologize. I shouldn't have said those things to you," Eugenia replied.

Selena's heart softened at the apology. "It's fine," she typed back.

"Can we talk?" Eugenia asked.

Selena hesitated. She wasn't sure if she was ready to face her ex again.

"I don't know about that," She said.

"I want you to know I'm not giving up on us," Eugenia said.

Selena's heart skipped a beat. She still loved Eugenia, but she needed time to think.

"I know," She replied.

"I love you Selena," Eugenia said.

"I love you too, but I need time to think," Selena typed.

"I'll talk to you later then," Eugenia texted back.

Selena put her phone down on the counter and sighed. She hoped they could get back together, but was also worried. Their relationship wasn't always perfect.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. She leaned her head back on the pillow and softly sighed, opening her mouth.

"Come on in," She said, not looking at her roommate when she walked inside.

"You okay?" Raquelle asked.

"I'm fine," Selena said with a fake smile on her face.

"You don't look okay," Raquelle noted.

"Don't worry about me," Selena said.

"I'll try not to, but I want you to be happy," Raquelle replied.

"I'm just trying to get over her," Selena admitted.

"I hope you do. She wasn't exactly the friendliest to any of us," She said, her voice tinged with a hint of bitterness.

"What are you talking about?" Selena asked, her curiosity piqued.

"She just didn't seem to care about any of us. It didn't sit well with me," Raquelle explained, her tone filled with disappointment.

"But Eugenia wouldn't do that. She's always been a good person," Selena replied, defending her ex girlfriend.

"I'm just telling you what I observed when she was around all the time," Raquelle insisted.

"Well, you're wrong," Selena retorted, her voice growing slightly heated.

"I'm just trying to be honest about her," Raquelle said calmly, refusing to back down.

"I'm not angry," Selena said, shaking her head in frustration.

"Then I apologize," Raquelle whispered, her voice filled with remorse as she quietly left the room.

"It's all good," Selena said softly, her words barely audible.

Selena lay down on the bed, restlessly tossing and turning. Memories of her and Eugenia flooded her mind, taking her back to the time when they were dating, when they nervously whispered those three magical words to each other for the very first time.

-flashback.-

Selena and Eugenia strolled hand in hand through the park, their sunglasses shielding them from prying eyes. They were like secret agents on a covert mission, determined to keep their love hidden from the world.