Chapter 13. Issue.

Memories flooded her mind, reminding her of the painful moment when he had proposed to her right in front of Eugenia. That ill-fated event had ultimately led to Eugenia leaving her, leaving her heartbroken and alone.

Justin greeted her with a smile. She turned away.

"It's been a while," He said, sitting beside her.

"We shouldn't be talking," She replied, holding her drink tightly.

"I'm sorry for what I did. Can you forgive me?" Justin asked, pleading with his eyes.

"I can forgive, but I won't forget," She answered.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good. And you?" She said.

"I'm doing well," He said, standing up.

"Take care," She said.

"You too. Your drink is on me," Justin said, leaving money on the counter.

"Thanks, Justin," She whispered.

He left, and she regretted being so harsh. She cared about him as a friend and wanted him to be happy.

She thought about calling Eugenia, but decided against it. Selena walked outside and a fan asked for a selfie.

She hugged the fan and felt grateful for her supporters. She walked through the park, feeling content.

She was happy without being asked about her career or relationship. She ran her fingers through her hair.

She looked around the park, seeing people walking by, and let out a sigh. She smiled, pulling her notebook out and wrote.

She wrote for several pages and smiled. She put her notebook away and walked around seeing a magazine with her face on it and sighed.

——————

Selena Gomez revealed that she is currently in a relationship. She made the announcement during a show appearance.

She confirmed that she is dating her girlfriend, Eugenia. Although she didn't provide any specific details about their relationship, they were seen together in public a few months ago.

We tried to reach out for a comment from her team, but haven't had any luck. We are happy for the couple and wish them all the best in the future. Hopefully, Selena and Eugenia are a perfect match.

—————

She sighed and rolled her eyes, feeling frustrated that the news had already spread. As she entered the apartment, turned off the music on her phone and looked around the living room.

She called out for her girlfriend, but received no response. She called again, this time using a term of endearment.

She went to the room to check on Eugenia, only to find her staring at the ceiling. She cleared her throat, causing Eugenia to look at her with bloodshot eyes.

"Hi," Eugenia whispered.

"Hey, I think we need to talk," She replied, sitting down next to her.

"You're probably right," Eugenia said, sitting up on the bed.

"I was drunk. I never wanted to hurt you," She said.

"I wasn't thinking when I kissed that other girl," She admitted.

"Are we okay now?" She asked.

"Yeah, we're good," Eugenia said.

"I'm glad," Selena said with a smile.

"I love you," She declared.

"I love you too, babe," Selena replied.

"Are you hungry?" Eugenia asked.

"I'm starving. Are you going to cook dinner?" Selena asked with a bright smile.

"Yes, I will cook for you," Eugenia said as she headed to the kitchen.

"Yum," Selena said.

Eugenia cooked food for them and placed the plates on the table. Eugenia held her hand across the table and smiled at her.

"I still can't believe you're my girlfriend," Eugenia said.

"Well, believe it because that's not going to change anytime soon," Selena assured her.

"You're the best," Eugenia said, kissing her knuckles.

"Thank you so much," Selena replied, blushing.

"You're welcome," Eugenia said.

They finished eating. They went their separate ways.

As she turned the key in the lock and stepped into her apartment, a sense of unease washed over Selena. Little did she know, her best friends were waiting for her inside, their expressions a mix of concern and disapproval.

The moment her eyes met theirs, she could feel the tension in the room. Courtney, never one to hold back, let out a piercing yell.

"You got back together with Eugenia yesterday?!" Her voice echoed through the apartment, filled with a mix of shock and frustration.

Selena's heart sank. She knew this was coming.

Her friends had never approved of Eugenia, not after the way she had walked out on her before. Memories of sleepless nights and tear-stained pillows flooded Selena's mind, a painful reminder of the aftermath of their previous breakup.

"Selena, we were there for you when you were at your lowest. We held you close as you cried yourself to sleep, day after day. Remember that? And now you want to give her another chance?" Courtney words cut the silence like a knife.

"I know what she did, but I've chosen to forgive her. I want to be with her, despite everything that happened." Selena said trying to defend her decision.

"Don't say we didn't warn you. Don't come running to us when she shatters your heart all over again." Courtney shot back at her.

With that, she stormed off to her bedroom, Raquel following suit, leaving Selena alone with her thoughts.The weight of her friends' disapproval settled heavily on Selena's shoulders.

She sank onto the couch, burying her face in her hands. In that moment, she knew she had to tread carefully this time and sighed and frowned.

"I just need to take things slow with her this time." She whispered.

With that mantra in mind, she closed her eyes, hoping for a peaceful slumber that would bring clarity to her heart.

---------------------