Chapter 21. Home.

Selena walked through the gates of the airport, her eyes scanning the crowd in search of her girlfriend. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she continued to look around, hoping to catch a glimpse of her and then, there she was.

"Eugenia!" Selena called out, their eyes meeting in an instant.

Dropping her bags to the ground, Selena started running towards Eugenia, who caught her in a warm embrace. They spun around in a circle, sharing a tender kiss before pulling away to look at each other.

"Hi," Selena said, her voice filled with affection.

"Hey babe," Eugenia whispered, their love evident in their voice.

"I missed you so much," Selena whispered into Eugenia's ear.

"I missed you too," Eugenia replied, gently placing Selena back on the ground and going to grab her bags.

Selena took Eugenia's free hand and they made their way towards the entrance. However, her joy was momentarily dampened as she noticed the paparazzi waiting for her.

She despised their constant intrusion and didn't want to deal with it right now. She couldn't help but wonder how she managed to keep her composure all these years.

"Are you two back together? Are you ready for your performance this weekend at the AMA Awards, Selena?" They bombarded her with questions.

"Yes, we are back together, and everything is going really well," Selena replied, mustering a polite smile as she climbed into the car, with Eugenia taking the driver's seat.

They sang along to songs, reveling in their love for each other. Selena smiled softly.

"I'm so happy you're back home," Eugenia said, pulling into the driveway.

"I'm happy to be back with you," Selena replied, stepping out of the car to retrieve her bags from the trunk.

"I made your favorite," Eugenia said, leading the way into the apartment and closing the door behind them.

Selena grinned, placing her bags on the couch and sending a text to friends and family to let them know she was back. She smiled, pulling Eugenia into the kitchen.

"I can't wait," She said, taking a seat at the table, overflowing with anticipation and love.

"Here you go," She said, placing the food on her plate with a gentle smile.

"It's really good," She said, taking a bite.

"I'm glad you like it," She said, kissing her cheek and grinning.

"I want us to take a trip together," She continued.

"Really?" She replied, her eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Of course. I want us to get away for a while," She explained.

"I'm down for that," She replied, kissing the side of her head.

"It's going to be a great trip for the two of us," She said, her voice filled with anticipation.

"Just me and you. I can't wait to spend time with you," Eugenia added.

"It's going to be amazing," She said, smiling warmly.

Eugenia stood up from the chair and headed to the bedroom, and her girlfriend followed, putting her arms around her waist and kissing her cheek. She smiled and leaned into her arms, walking into the bedroom still holding her and turned her around to kiss her.

"I love you," Selena whispered against her lips.

"I love you too so much," Eugenia replied, her eyes filled with love.

"Thank you for loving me," She said, feeling grateful.

"You are welcome. I'll never stop loving you as long as I shall live," Eugenia promised, sitting down on the bed.

"I'm really tired from the plane ride," She said, feeling exhausted.

"Take a nap," Eugenia said, standing up from the bed with a smile on her face.

"I want you here with me," She said, pouting cutely, which made Eugenia laugh.

"You are truly a remarkable person," She whispered, tenderly placing a kiss on her cheek.

"I always aspire to be the best version of myself," She replied, enveloping her in a warm embrace and gently closing her eyes.

"Have a good night, baby," She murmured softly, her voice filled with genuine care.

Eugenia smiled, feeling a sense of tranquility wash over her. She nestled her head on her shoulder, surrendering to a peaceful slumber.

--———-