Chapter 14. Surprise.

Eugenia was reading a book when her phone beeped. She answered and put the phone next to her ear, placing the book down next to her.

"Hey baby," She said.

"Hi gorgeous," Selena said.

"How was the awards?" Eugenia asked.

"It was great. I'm at a hotel with my team," Selena replied.

"Are you bored?" Eugenia asked.

"Yeah, a little. I miss you so much," Selena said.

"I miss you too. I could FaceTime you if you want me to," Eugenia suggested.

"I would love that very much, babe," Selena said.

"I'll be on," Eugenia said, hanging up and getting on FaceTime, waiting for Selena to answer.

"Babe!" She said, waving at the screen and went  to another room.

"Hey there," Eugenia greeted Selena with a warm smile.

"Hi," Selena's heart skipped a beat as she replied,

"I love seeing your face," Eugenia said, blowing a kiss and admiring her girlfriend's beauty.

"You're making me blush," Selena said hiding her face with her hands.

"Don't hide your beautiful face," Eugenia urged, already missing Selena's presence.

"You know how to make me swoon, Eugenia," Selena said, feeling her cheeks turn red and moved her hands away.

"I love seeing you blush. It's adorable," Eugenia replied, sitting up on the bed.

"What are you doing?" Selena asked.

"Just talking to my wonderful and stunning girlfriend. And how about you?" Eugenia responded.

"Same here. My girlfriend is kind and loving," She said, winking at her as she blushed.

"I can't wait to hold you and kiss you," Selena said, feeling the same way.

"Me either, babe. I'll make sure to cuddle you so hard when you head back home tomorrow," Eugenia promised.

"You're so sweet," Selena said, feeling lucky to have such a caring girlfriend.

"I know that we've been through a lot. I want to tell you that no matter what happens in the future, I want to know that you're my everything. My life changed when I met you. I knew we are going to be friends for the rest of our lives, and falling in love with you was the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you so much," Eugenia finished, sniffling and wiping a tear away.

"That was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard in my life. I can't even imagine not waking up to you in the morning or holding you in my arms. I've changed so much since you came into my life. I'm so grateful to be able to call you my girlfriend. I love you more than you can imagine. Try not to break my heart again," Selena said, placing a hand on her heart and wiping her eyes.

"You don't know what that means to me to hear you say that. I promise that as long as I live, I will never ever break your heart again. I made a mistake once and I'll be damned to do that again. You are the love of my life. I realized our love is strong enough to overcome any obstacle we face. I'll be there to pick you up when you fall," Eugenia said.

"I wasted my life being with people who can't even come close to you. We can get through anything as long as we are together. There is nothing that can stop us. I could go on for ages just to tell you how I feel about you. It still wouldn't be enough to express how I feel when you hold me in your arms or when we make love all night long. Being able to call you my girlfriend is the best thing," She said.

"Babe, you're making me cry. You're the greatest person I've ever met. You always know how to make me smile or laugh when I'm having a bad day. I'll always be grateful to be able to call you mine. No one could begin to imagine the way I feel about you, Selena," Eugenia said, kissing the screen.

"Don't cry, my love. I'm always just a call away when you want to talk. Even if it doesn't work out between us, I'm sure I'll be fine to call you a friend," Selena said with a huge smile on her face.

"It will be a stupid reason if it doesn't work out," She said.

"I promise you I'll never hurt you. I will be there to make you smile when you're down," Selena said.

"I know you'll be there for me when I need you. I'll be there when you need someone to talk to," Eugenia said.

"Baby," She said.

"You make me so happy, babe," She said.

"I should get going. It's pretty late right now. I love you so much," Selena said.

"I love you too. I'll see you when you get back tomorrow." She replied sending her a kiss.

"I'll see you in the morning." She said getting off facetime.

With anticipation bubbling inside her, Selena began packing her suitcase, eagerly preparing for a surprise visit to her girlfriend. Arriving at the airport, couldn't contain her excitement as she hopped into a car that would take her home.

As Selena climbed the steps of the front porch, she inserted her key into the lock and swung the door open. Stepping inside, closed the door behind her with a gentle click, careful not to disturb the peaceful atmosphere.

Placing her suitcase on the couch, she made her way towards the bedroom, eager to see Eugenia. Her breath slightly labored from the excitement, found Eugenia lying on the bed, fast asleep with her head resting on the pillow.

A surge of adoration washed over Selena as she gazed at her slumbering girlfriend. Without hesitation, she climbed into the bed, causing it to shift beneath her weight.

Wrapping her arms around Eugenia, Selena's eyes widened with delight as her girlfriend stirred awake, locking eyes with her. She smiled widely.

"Oh my god, Sel!" Eugenia exclaimed, showering her with kisses and a tight embrace.

"Hey, babe," Selena replied, returning the affectionate gestures.

"I missed you so much," Eugenia whispered, her hand tenderly caressing Selena's cheek.

"I missed you too. I decided to come early to surprise you," Selena revealed, a smile spreading across her face.

"This is the best surprise ever," Eugenia declared, resting her forehead against Selena's.

"I knew you would like it," Selena responded, her smile growing wider.

"Can we sleep now?" Eugenia yawned, prompting a nod from Selena.

"Of course we can, babe," Selena reassured her, closing her eyes.

They held each other tightly, unwilling to let go. Selena couldn't imagine a more perfect moment or a more perfect place to be.

As she watched Eugenia sleep, she couldn't resist planting a gentle kiss on her nose when she stirred. Closing her eyes, Selena held Eugenia close to her chest, finding solace in their embrace as they drifted off to sleep together.

------------------------