Chapter 6. Just friends?

"Hey Eugenia, what brings you here?" Selena asked with a curious tone.

"I need to talk to you," Eugenia replied, her eyes filled with emotion.

"Sure, go ahead," Selena said.

"I have to admit, I overreacted earlier," Eugenia confessed, rubbing her neck.

"You think?" Selena retorted sarcastically.

"Hey, I don't need your attitude," Eugenia replied, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, my bad. But I have something important to say," Selena said, her voice serious.

"Okay, shoot," Eugenia said, intrigued.

"I want to be with you," Selena declared, moving closer to Eugenia.

"Wait, are you serious?" Eugenia asked, her heart racing.

"Absolutely," Selena replied, her eyes locked on Eugenia's.

"I was actually going to tell you that I like you," Eugenia revealed, feeling vulnerable.

"I had no idea," Selena said, surprised.

"Well, you were too busy making out with Justin," Eugenia said, her voice laced with hurt.

"Look, I'm sorry," She said.

"It's all good," Eugenia said.

"I want you by my side," Selena said, her hand resting gently on her cheek.

Eugenia took a step back, unsure if she could give Selena what she wanted. She sighed.

"Why are you being so stubborn?" Selena asked, trying to keep her cool.

"I don't want to risk getting my heart broken," Eugenia replied, her guard up.

"I promise I won't break your heart. I'll be there to make you feel safe," Selena assured her.

"I need some time to think about it," She said, still hesitant.

"Tell me if you want this or leave now. You'll miss your opportunity," Selena warned, her eyes narrowing.

"Don't you dare try to pressure me!" Eugenia yelled, feeling frustrated.

"I would do anything for you," Selena said, her voice softening.

Eugenia pulled away, not believing Selena's words. But then Selena did something unexpected.

She wrapped her arms around Eugenia's waist and leaned in for a kiss. Eugenia kissed back, feeling a spark between them.

Selena pulled Eugenia onto her lap, and they continued to kiss passionately.

"That should have been our first kiss," Eugenia said, pulling away.

"I agree," Selena said, smiling.

"I like it when someone is playing hard to get," She added looking into Eugenia's eyes.

"I have to go now, but we're not done talking," Eugenia said, standing up from the bed.

"You forgot something," Selena yelled out, her voice filled with playful accusation.

"What did I forget?" Eugenia asked, turning around and walking towards Selena.

"This," Selena said, leaning in and pecking her lips.

"Oh, right," She replied, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth as she pulled away.

"You can go now," Selena said, sitting down on her bed.

"Maybe I can stay a little longer," Eugenia said, sitting down next to her and planting a soft kiss on her lips.

"I'm glad you're staying," She said, wrapping her arms around Eugenia's neck.

"I like doing this," Eugenia whispered against her lips.

"Same," Selena said, pulling away slightly to gaze into Eugenia's eyes.

"Sel, I thi-" their roommate Courtney began to speak, but her words trailed off as she caught sight of them.

"Crap, I'm so sorry," Courtney quickly added, her cheeks turning pink.

"It's all good," Selena waved her off, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Umm..." Courtney hesitated, clearly unsure of how to proceed.

"I think I should introduce the two of you. This is Eugenia. And this is my roommate, best friend, and assistant, Courtney," Selena introduced them, a playful smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you," Eugenia and Courtney both said, shaking hands and playing along with Selena's lightheartedness.

"I'm thrilled that you two have finally met. So, what's next on the agenda, Court?" Selena asked with a smile.

"I'm so sorry for interrupting your date," She said.

"I was just about to kiss her!" Eugenia exclaimed.

"Hey, I called her before you two could've kissed," Courtney said.

"It's all good, I'm over it," She said with a shrug.

"Wait, you are?"  They asked in unison.

"Yeah, it's a great story to tell in the future," Eugenia explained nodding.

"I'll just go now," Courtney said, walking out of the bedroom.

"Bye," Selena said, closing the door behind her.

"Isn't she nice?" Selena asked, looking over at Eugenia.

"Actually, I already know her. She's a friend of one of my cousins," She said.

"That's cool," Selena said.

"Yup," Eugenia agreed.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Selena asked.

"I would be so honored to be your girlfriend,"  She said with a smile.

"I'm really happy with you," Selena said, kissing Eugenia's cheek.

"I feel the same way," She said, feeling grateful for this moment.

"I'm so glad you do," She replied, her eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Guess what? I just got a text from Taylor!"  She exclaimed, showing her girlfriend the message.

"I'm getting married!" Taylor's text read, accompanied by a picture of the stunning ring on her hand.

Selena couldn't help but beam with pride.  Eugenia grinned.

"She's all grown up now," Selena said, her smile widening.

"I'm really happy for them," Eugenia added, her voice filled with genuine joy.

"I'll make sure to let her know," Selena said, quickly typing out a response.

"I'm so happy you asked me out," Eugenia confessed, her eyes sparkling with affection.

"I wanted to ask you earlier, but you know..." Selena trailed off, a hint of shyness in her voice.

"It's all good," She reassured her, a warm smile spreading across her face.

"I'm glad," She said, her voice filled with sincerity.

"I really should get going now," Eugenia said, standing up and giving her a peck on the lips.

"I'll see you around," Selena said, her smile never fading.

"Goodbye, baby," She replied, walking out and heading into the outside world.

She looked around her bedroom, feeling a sense of contentment wash over her. With a smile on her face, she fell back onto her bed, drifting off to sleep.

—————-