Chapter 18. On.

Selena focused on choreographing for her upcoming tour, then completed a song before taking a brief pause. She reached for a drink of water and simultaneously grabbed her phone.

While scrolling through her Instagram feed, her heart soared upon stumbling upon a photo posted by her girlfriend Eugenia, capturing Selena peacefully asleep in bed. She smiled at the sight.

"Missing this gorgeous angel right about now.." She captioned under the picture as selena bit her lip.

"I will always be there for you, no matter what happens.❤️" She posted and started rehearsing again.

Ignoring the relentless questions being hurled at her by the paparazzi. She quickened her pace as she left the studio.

"How are things between you and Jenny? Are you still in love with your ex?" They persisted, relentlessly snapping pictures.

Selena drove home and stepped inside. She sank onto the couch.

Her phone buzzed, a text from Eugenia. She glanced at it.

"It's us against the world, beautiful," The message read.

She bit her lip, exhaling as she ran a hand through her hair. She frowned.

"Why does love have to be so complicated?" She pondered, rising to her feet.

She made her way to her bedroom, settling onto the bed. She sighed softly.

Her phone rang, the caller ID displaying Taylor's name. She answered, bringing the phone to her ear.

"Hey there," Her best friend greeted.

"Hey Taylor, how's everything going with you?" Selena inquired.

"Things are going well. And how about you?" Taylor replied.

"I'm doing good. I'm with my girlfriend," Selena shared.

"Which one?" Taylor playfully asked.

"My fake girlfriend," Selena responded.

"You miss her, don't you?" Taylor said.

"Yeah, even though this was what I wanted," Selena admitted.

"You'll figure it out. You always do," Taylor reassured.

"Thank you for being there for me," Selena expressed.

"No problem. I can't wait to hang out again," Taylor eagerly responded.

"Talk to you later," Selena said just as she heard her girlfriend enter the room.

"Babe?" Jenny called out.

"I'm in here," Selena responded.

"I missed you today," Jenny confessed, planting a gentle kiss on her lips.

"I missed you too, Jen," Selena replied, wiping her mouth.

"I want to introduce you to my parents," Jenny suggested.

"You know this isn't real, right?" Selena reminded her.

"I can't help but fall in love with you," Jenny professed.

"I'm in love with Eugenia," Selena reiterated.

"Why can't you love me?" Jenny pleaded, biting her lip.

"I don't have feelings for you," Selena stated plainly.

"But you could fall for me," She said.

"Get out." She said as Jenny left.