Chapter 59: Valentines Day

Start from the beginning

"Pfft! The only thing I want from you is an artificial rose..."

"Why not a real one?" I was confused.

"Because an artificial one would last forever, than the real one, it'll rot and be thrown away... And I want to cherish it for a long time."

Wow... He really put some thought into it...

But wait... Cherish my rose?

"Okie dokie then~!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The day has finally come. Valentines Day. Hearts Day.

I ready my things for school and also my gifts for my friends. I also readied the artificial rose I bought for Chris yesterday. Since it didn't have any scent like a normal rose does, I lightly sprayed a sweet smelling perfume on it so it'd at least have a good scent on it.

Going to school, couples are lovey-dovey everywhere and everyone else is so happy. There are even some confessions here and there. Mae gave me, Jenny and Sam her promised chocolates, wrapped up in cute little boxes. Sam gave us one white rose each. Jenny gave us heart candies. And I gave each of my friends, the guys and the girls and even my childhood friends, candied roses.

"Jade~!!!" called out Chris cheerfully to me while I was still with my girl friends.

"Hello Chris." He was smiling at me from ear to ear in anticipation. I know. I know... "Here you are... As promised!" I said, handing him the artificial rose.

"Thank you so much~! I'll never throw this away~!" he beamed, which made me giggle.

"Oh! And here's an edible one for you! I gave all my friends one too..."

"Awe... How sweet! Thanks Jade~!" he happily took the candy and took a nibble. I just giggled at his actions.

"Uhm!" Sam suddenly yelled, which made us turn to her, "This is for you too Chris! From me..." Sam shyly handed Chris her last white rose. Awe... That's cute...

"Thank you Sam..." Chris gave her a smile and a salute, which still made Sam blush intensely.

Our school only held a little program for today. Classes were cancelled in order to celebrate Valentines Day. Games were played, announcements were made, and couples were so in love. Although anyone who would be PDA too much, would be abducted by 'officers'. These officers are appointed students to imprison couples and separate them in different rooms if they would do more than hugging and or holding hands. Kissing was prohibited, even though if it wasn't on the lips. Hiding in corners or rooms alone, even though not caught doing anything, would still be imprisoned.

I was even in danger of being caught and imprisoned because of a certain guy. Chris' flirting, even though we're not a couple, or even if he has Amy, would still be over the normal level. So, I need to always watch my back to not be taken into custody.

If placed in prison, you would either wait for 20 minutes, or be let out early if you pay a fee of 50 cents. So, I did my very best to not be a victim to all this because of Chris. Sometimes, he'd attempt to kiss me, but I'd push him away. Well, even if it wasn't Valentines Day, I'd still push him away...

He kept hugging me, and slipping his arm around my neck or hips though. This guy really is complicated. One time he's weird and pervy, the next, he'd be all nice and sweet. I'm amazed that he hasn't talked much about Amy today. Well, aside from saying that he'll video chat with her tonight. But still... I wonder if they're still doing well?

Good thing is, I survived the day with a friend like Chris. Before going home, we all said goodbye to each other. And as I walked towards the gate to wait for my mom, Chris stopped me in my tracks and apologized.

"Huh? Why are you apologizing?" I raised my brow.

"Because I didn't prepare anything for you..." he looked sad, "But I'll give you something on White Day!"

"Please! There's no need... It's okay... I did plan to give you an edible rose along with the others." I reassured him.

He shyly smiled and then chuckled at me, "Thanks Jade~!" he said as he ruffled up my hair.

"Hey! Not my hair!" I whined.

"Psh! Quit overreacting~!" he laughed and messed up my hair even more. As I finally managed to stop him, we then said our goodbye's, "I'm heading off first, okay?"

"Sure... Take care!" I waved.

"Awe... Thanks mommy~!" he waved back.

"Pfft! Sure thing!"

As I spotted my mom in the parking lot, I walked towards her and we both went in the car. "So... How was this year's Valentines Day?"

"Meh... Like the other years... Fun and a little boring..." I shrugged.

"Got anything from anyone?"

"Nope... But I gave my friends the edible flowers..."

"What about Chris?"

"Yeah... I gave him one."

"Including the artificial one?"

Yeah... Mom knows... She's the one who bought it for me when we bought the edible flowers together, and I couldn't make up a story for that. So I told her the truth, and yes, she teased me.

"Yup..."

"Did he give you anything in return?"

"Nope..."

"Awe.. That's so sad!"

I laughed at my mom's remark and told her that I couldn't care less. She just teased me, saying that I was probably expecting something, which I was not. But of course, I prepared a little something special for my mom and dad. They were my dates on Valentines Day.

I wonder if Chris and Amy are talking right now?

Huh? What am I thinking?!

Why should I worry about a stupid thing like that? Hahaha...

...I don't feel so well...

______________________________

Hey guys!

Please continue to support #TPaTN!!! :D

This chapter is dedicated to @YenMarley ! :D Just because... Hehehe...

Question: What side of Chris gives you butterflies?

Don't forget to Share + Vote + Comment!!! :D

Don't keep quiet and tell me what you think! ;)

~ Kurisu-chan :3