Chapter 7- Into The Dark

Start from the beginning

"Is Harry there?" She asked.

"He's uh.. In a bit of a state." I said.

"I figured. Ill be over in 10." She said. "Zayns right?" She asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled. Harry was going to kill me.

"I guess I could drive Harry's car home." Liam said.

"You ass. You just want to drive it because its expensive." I said.

"We'll when else am I going to get the chance?" He asked.

"Exactly." I smirked at him.

"Hey lads, did you find my phone yet?" Zayn yelled down the stairs.

"It's probably stuck up some girls fanny." I shouted up at him.

"You know, you are such a git." He shouted back.

"You're welcome." I smiled.

Liam laughed and tried to pull Harry up to his feet.

"Ni.... Niaaa... Niall.... I have to find Niall." Harry muttered.

"Poor guy." I said.

Liam nodded and slung Harry over his shoulder. Together we managed to get the heavy boy up the stairs.

Anne came through the front door and frowned at her unsteady son.

"Oh Harry. I knew this was going to happen."

Harry hiccuped.

She muttered something under her breath as she took Harry from us.

"I don't want to go home!" He complained.

"You need to wash up and rest," she said.

Suddenly Harry was in tears. He slipped from his mothers arms and ended up in a blubbering mess on the floor.

"He's gone! Its my fault! It's all my fault!" He screamed as he clutched his knees to his chest. Anne crawled down beside him and ran her fingers through her hair as silent tears poured over her cheeks. I felt my own eyes watering up. I couldn't even imagine how I would take it if I had lost someone like that. Especially if I had loved them. I thought of Eleanor. I figured I would probably be like Harry. A blubbering crying mess.

"I loved him mum! This is all my fault he's dead!"

"Dead?" Liam asked before I had the chance. Just then Zayn walked in and froze, his eyes trained on Harry.

"The police found a body." Anne mumbled.

"What the hell?" I asked as I pressed my hands to my forehead. Bloody hell.

"Was it homicide?" Zayn asked.

Anne shrugged. "They're supposed to call today. Can you boys help me?" She begged.

Together we managed to get the thrashing Harry into the backseat. Each on turn we hugged Anne and told her we would be over to visit him.

Harry:

Everything hurt. But mostly my heart.

"Harry," My mum called softly as she made her way into my room. "I made you some soup." She said. I felt the bed dip beside me and I heard her place the bowl down on the bedside table.

"Baby," My mum whispered. I rolled over and looked up at her with glistening eyes. She moved so that she was laying beside me and then she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into her chest.

"The hospital called. Do you want me to tell you?" She asked.

I nodded weakly.

"It was suicide." She said.

My voice caught in my throat and more tears came to my eyes. It was my fault he did this! "But baby they still haven't identified the body. It might not be Niall." She said.

"How do they not know?" I sobbed.

"The body was very swollen with water." She said.

I was silent.

"Maybe Niall doesn't want to be found." She said. "Oh, and Maura dropped this off." She let me go and reached into her back pocket pulling out a white sheet of paper. She handed it to me.

My name was written on the front of it.

"The police searched his room and found that he went home right before he disappeared. He left you this note and grabbed a few things." She said.

"I'll let you read this alone, I'm going to go finish up dinner."

I only want you to know that I love you Harry. I have loved you since we were young. I'm sorry I kissed you I thought you felt the same way. I now know I was wrong. Im sorry if I hurt you. I'm leaving now so you won't have to worry about me. Don't try to find me. I'm not coming back.

The last line of the note was underlined and bolded. I wiped away the tears and let my fingers move over the words 'I love you Harry'. He loved me...he loved me...and now he was gone. And he wasnt coming back.

The worst part was... I loved him too.

vote.COMMENT.fan.