prologue part1

The ship rocked back and fourth and the wind whistled through the wood. " come on men" a voice bellowed from the top of the stairs. The men scrambled around pulling on extra pair's of pants and shoving their hands into gloves before rushing up the stairs. One boy stood their holding open the door and handing hat's and gloves to the other men. " here you go josh, one for you mikael, there kiro" the boy stumbled around the rocking ship. Once he finished handing out the clothes he climbed up on a pile of hay that was stacked up in the darkest corner of the ship. He could tell it was a big storm the ship was rocking so far that the boy was afraid it would roll over if the wind got even a fraction stronger. A horse neighed softly and reached her nose through the bar's of her stall. The boy smiled no matter what was going on this horse was always calm and making him feel calm. The other horses had been drugged so they wouldn't kick down their doors but this mare just stood through it all. The men above loved the mare simply because she was a beautiful red with a black mane and tail and black socks on her legs. She also had the dished face of the Arabian but she didn't act as spirited. The boy walked over and let himself into her stall. " hey aquayla" he cooed as he started to groom her beautiful coat. He had groomed most of her coat and was feeling sleepy the ship was still rocking but he laid down in the corner of aquaylas stall right by the door and closed his eyes he heard a gentle thump and knew that aquayla had laid down as well it was easier than falling over every five seconds.
Meanwhile on the ship's deck the men were doing their best to get the ship out of the storm. They could see the blue sky of the calm sea just barely out of their reach. The men were running around in a jumbled yet organized mess. They had been working for what seemed like hours and were still no closer to getting out of the storm.
The captain who had told them to come up and fix the ship was sitting in his cabin and watching them scramble around. He took another bite of his blueberry pie and continued to watch the men scramble. The captain looked beyond the ship and opposite the blue sky he saw the funnel of the hurricane and blinked, Slowly he stood and left his cabin walking to the cellar of the ship. Once sow. Their he fastened himself to a life raft and waited for the storm to hit.
To the men outside they saw nothing they were to busy with the sails and keepin the ship poi red I. The direction of the clear sky.as the watched the skyline disapeared and slowly the blue disappeared and the darkness that was the storm over took them.