XXXVI

Third Person

Asami paced the grounds nervously, running her fingers through her hair. She sighed, walking over to the door, before Aizen appeared in front of her.

"And where do you think you are going?" He asked with a slight smile.

"Where have you been?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Not here."

"Obviously."

"Are you alright, my love?"

"I am terrific. That's the problem."

Aizen laughed, bending down and kissing her lips slightly.

"This was your fault, my love, for ignoring your zanpakuto's power and bringing back those who were not supposed to come back."

"You should be thankful I didn't bring everyone back."

"You couldn't. It would have killed you."

Asami turned on her heel and walked back to her bed, plopping down on it.

"Who's alive?"

"Are you sure you want to know?"

"Well, I don't want to ask who is dead."

"Why don't you ask your zanpakuto?"

Asami frowned. "We aren't on speaking terms right now."

Aizen laughed as he laid down next to me.

"It is a zanpakuto's duty to save their master at any cost."

"And it was my duty to die once you came back." Asami was now facing Aizen as she sat up, looking down at his smiling form.

"I'm supposed to be dead right now. But because of you, I'm not."

"And that's a bad thing? I love you, my queen. I need you in my life."

"Yes its a bad thing. Me being alive will have unbelievable consequences. You've changed the rules of fate by keeping me alive, Aizen."

The Soul King frowned.

"I could have died peacefully, Aizen, leaving my zanpakuto behind to keep those alive. But now look at what we've done."

"What of these consequences? They are just the death of those you were not supposed to bring back."

Asami shook her head. "You saw it, didn't you? The future."

Aizen sat up in an instant.

"What do you know about it?"

"All I know is that a new evil is coming. I can feel it. And that is because I'm alive.

So its not too late. I can die, and-"

"No." Aizen snapped.

Asami frowned. "I am speaking to the Soul King, not you, Aizen."

"Well, he is not available right now. You aren't dying. I don't care of the consequences."

Rukia Kuchiki

I stood on the execution cliff, a place that held uncomfortable memories. I don't know why Nii sama would have me wait here for him, surely it would be an uncomfortable place for him too?

I sighed, pulling my hair behind my ear as the wind whipped at it.

The view was incredible, the only nice thing of this place. The sky was alive with its many colors as light shone above Soul Society.