VI

***** font like this means its the person's thoughts.

Third Person

Rukia Kuchiki stood before the shinigami, as every single Quincy was frozen in place. She knew they would break free from her bankai soon. She could kill them all right now, but she didn't want to be selfish.

She was waiting for the Soul Queen and the rest of her army.

And their reiatsu's were rapidly approaching.

"Rukia.." Rukia snapped her head from the direction her name was spoken.

Renji was slowly approaching her. He was nervous, not knowing how she would react.

But Rukia smiled. She hugged him when he was in front of her.

"Rukia." Renji hugged her back, lifting her off the ground and spinning her.

Once Renji set Rukia down, her attention moved to her brother, who was approaching her. Slight shock on his face.

"Nii-sama!" Rukia grinned, running up to him. Byakuya opened his arms, lifting Rukia up as she wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging her big brother.

Byakuya's lips twitched up into a small smile.

"Rukia. You're alright." Byakuya said, relieved.

Byakuya set his little sister down, looking at her alive face. It was a miracle.

If Rukia hadn't come back, he wouldn't be able to go on.

"Rukia!"

Rukia turned her head, seeing a happy Inoue Orihime approaching her.

Rukia grinned, allowing Inoue to hug her tight.

As they pulled away, that was when the ice surrounding all the Sternritter shattered.

Rukia snapped her head up. Her eyes widened.

There were definitely more Sternritter now that before.

One sternritter for every one of her friends.

No. A few sternritter for every one of her friends.

Damn that Yhwach. Rukia thought.

Inoue Orihime's eyes widened at the rapidly approaching Quincy above her.

She pulled up santen kesshun, but it broke through her power.

Leaving her vulnerable. The Quincy had gotten 10x stronger during their time frozen.

Rukia tried to attack the Quincy attacking Inoue, but she had three attacking her at once, preventing her from doing so.

Inoue tried to pull our her offensive power, but the Quincy was mere inches from her face now. Her eyes widened as it finally closed in on her.

This is it. This is when I die. Inoue thought.

She clamped her eyes shut, holding the tears back.

And then her savior sweeped down, slicing the sternritter cleanly in half.

He scooped Inoue in his arms, before taking her with him into the air.

Inoue had gripped onto her savior's arm, burying her head in his chest.

She pulled away slowly, opening her eyes to see the face of her savior.

His wings were protruded from his back, blending in with his dark attire.

His green eyes, which held a glint of black, looked down at Inoue, swirling with emotion.