III

Shunsui Kyōraku

Yare yare.

The last time I saw her was when I was a mere child in Soul Society.

I hadn't expected to see her ever again.

She looks as stunning as ever.

"Captain, who is she?" My dear Lieutenant Nanao Ise asked.

My smile grew bigger.

"Our savior."

"Savior?" I could feel Nanao's hard stare on my face.

Ah. That's right. No one here has heard of her or seen her in their soul life.

"The Soul Queen."

The Soul Queen's fiery gaze landed on mine. I flashed her a grin. I was surprised she gave me a small smile in return. She was always so serious when I knew her as a child.

But she looked now so grown up. And mature.

We were safe.

I used shunpo to appear next to Ichigo on the battle field. I felt the presence of the other shinigami follow behind me.

Ichigo turned his head to me in surprise.

"Kyōraku?"

I gave him a reassuring smile. Ichigo's eyes were glassy, as he still tried to hold back tears shed for Rukia Kuchiki.

I can't imagine the pain he, Captain Kuchiki, or Renji were going through right now.

But now, we were saved.

I don't even care about the fact that Aizen Sōsuke was standing next to her right now. If the Soul Queen needed anything, she would get it.

And Aizen is a good choice.

I moved my gaze to Yhwach, who was still looking up at her, tensed.

"Surprised, Yhwach? Surprised that ya couldn't see this happening?" I asked him with a grin.

The Soul Queen's harsh glare was burning through Yhwach.

Yhwach turned his attention to me, turning his back on the Soul Queen.

Uh oh. You don't want to do that.

"You seem to know who she is, Head Captain." If my ears weren't playing tricks on my, I'm pretty sure Yhwach sounded nervous. Desperate even.

"Indeed, I do."

I felt everyone's heads snap to me.

Ah. I was the center of attention. How lucky of me.

"Then do enlighten us. It seems none of us, your shinigami included, have any clue who she is."

The Soul Queen appeared in front of me at that second.

How blessed I am to be standing not even a foot from her.

Im thankful she's hiding her reiatsu. Because I know that even I won't be able to handle it.

"Its quite rude to turn your back on me." Ah. She speaks. Her voice was light, but ironically it sounded as if it was filled with darkness.

Yhwach's eyes widened in response. And then he broke out into a smile.

"I can see from your zanpakuto that you seem to be a shinigami."

"Correct. But that is only half of it."