XIII

Ichigo Kurosaki

"Rukia."

"But one can live through this if their will to live is strong enough; basically if they attach themselves to the one's soul who cares for that person as much as that person cares for them."

"Okay. So there's Renji and Byakuya-

-I talked to Rukia before coming here. She actually came and visited me, and told me herself.

And I could see in her eyes, Kurosaki. Her will to live is not strong enough. I think she is ready to die."

"No. I won't let that happen." I walked up to him on the other side of the table.

"I need you to open the Senkaimon for me."

Urahara's eyes widened.

"Oh? Why?"

"I'm going to save her."

"She doesn't want to be saved, Kurosaki. She specifically told me to make sure you don't try and come to stop her." Urahara said with a slight smile.

"Then why did you come and tell me?"

Urahara was silent for a moment. "I frankly don't want her to die myself. After all, she is my best customer."

"That's not the only reason."

He sighed.

"She told me how you both departed. And she's not showing it, but she is a soulless, emotional wreck."

My eyes widened. Oh. I was still affected from not being able to save her. And I was not the only one upset. I hadn't even thought of Rukia's feelings.

"Does she.. Does she think I'm upset with her?"

"That's what I came to ask you."

"I want to see her." I said, teeth clenched.

Urahara lifted his hat a bit, his eye meeting my hard gaze. He sighed, then smiled.

"Alright. I'll open the senkaimon for you."

Down in Urahara's basement under his shop, I sat on a rock, waiting for him to get the senkaimon up. But he was still upstairs, doing something, so here I was waiting patiently in my shinigami attire for his late ass.

"Kurosaki!" My head popped up at Inoue's voice. I turned around, seeing her and Chad approaching me.

"Inoue. Chad. What are you doing here?"

"We heard about Rukia." Chad said.

"Oh, yeah.."

"That's why you're going to Soul Society, right? To change her mind?" Inoue asked.

"I.. Its more than that." I spoke lowly. I wanted to change the subject.

"How's Uryu?"

"Besides the fact that his powers were sealed away? He's great!" Inoue said happily. I was unsure if she was being serious or not.

"So are you guys coming with me? Is that why you're here?" I asked, looking up at them.

Inoue's eyes widened, as her face turned red.

"Um, no actually.. I uh, I'm ah going to.. you know.." Inoue tried explaining.

"She's trying to say that she's going to Hueco Mundo to tell the Arrancar of what's going to happen with the Soul Queen." Chad stepped in.