XVII

(play the video I attached as you read this chapter. you're welcome:) & if it ends before you finish the chapter, just replay it again. it gets you in the mood of this chapter:)

Rukia Kuchiki

My entire body tensed at the last few words that came from Ichigo's mouth. It suddenly became hard to breathe as my heart was pounding now harder than ever. Eyes widened, I pried my gaze from Ichigo's, looking down at the ground, wearing an expression of pure shock.

Never would I ever imagine Ichigo ever saying that to me in my lifetime.

I didn't know what to say; I hope he wasn't expecting me to say anything in response. I just stood there, looking out into the open, as the wind whipped at my long raven hair. I was going to miss that.

"Thanks, Ichigo." I finally said.

"Why are we here?" He asked. I was thankful; he probably felt how uneasy I was.

"It holds a special memory in my heart."

"How is this a good memory for you?"

"I didn't say it was a good memory."

"You nearly died here, Rukia. I don't understand why you would want anything to do with this place anymore."

"Its where I lived also." I corrected him.

"You're twisting my words."

"Do you know why I like coming here?"

"You like the view. Its quiet and peaceful. And apparently, you also like to relive the moments of your death."

"But I didn't die." I corrected him again, looking up at him with my brow raised.

He just looked down at me with an annoyed expression.

"Okay, smart ass." He remarked.

That received a hard punch on his arm from me. He let out a surprised gasp, before hugging his arm with his hand, pouting.

"That hurt."

"This is where it all began." I said, ignoring Ichigo's comment, turning my back on the breathtaking view to look at the rest of the wide and spacious cliff.

And it really was. This cliff was not only the place where Ichigo first rescued me. But it was also the place where I found out how my brother truly felt, and about my sister that I never knew I had. Even though Aizen had almost killed me again but failed. Although he did get what he wanted anyway.

"Where what all began?"

"Us." I felt myself speak before I could think, my eyes widening in realization at what I just said.

"Rukia, we begun the moment we met."

I smiled, my heart warming at Ichigo's response. He is a huge idiot. But he can be sweet some times. Which I did not know was possible until now.

"I wonder what would have happened if we never met. If I wasn't sent to Karakura Town two years ago." I said, my smile shrinking and my stomach twisting. Just the thought of that brought sadness into my heart.

If I hadn't met Ichigo, then I would have never formed the close relationship I have with Nii sama. Renji and I still would be distant from each other. I would have never met my close friends Inoue and Chad, or even Urahara. My life would have been constant. Unwavering. And boring.

"We would still find our way to each other regardless of the circumstances.. because were connected, nothing can tear us apart."

I turned my head, looking into Ichigo's eyes.