XXI

Rukia Kuchiki

After departing with Isane and the other Captains and Lieutenants in the Squad 4 clinic, I walked out of the Squad barracks, deciding it was time to actually speak to Nii sama about this matter.

"Shorty! Shorty!" Yachiru's bright voice rung out.

I ignored the name she called me, turning around and seeing her perched up on Captain Zaraki's shoulder as they walked to me.

"Lieutenant. Captain." I greeted them with a smile. I saw Ikkaku's and Ichigo's figured emerging as they were deep in conversation.

"You look so pretty!!" Yachiru squeeled, as she lept off of Captain Zaraki's shoulder to behind me.

I winced as she tugged at my long hair, admiring it.

"Thanks, Yachiru."

"I heard about your decision for tomorrow." Zaraki spoke to me.

I rose my eyebrow. How, out of all the shinigami, does Zaraki know?

"You can't do it, Rukia!" Yachiru wined, yanking at my hair. I winced, pulling my hair from her grasp.

"Do what?" I asked, slightly annoyed.

"You can't die! You can't leave Ichigo!! He loves you too much!!!" My eyes widened at the words that came from her mouth. I looked over at Zaraki, an amused grin on his face.

And then I spotted Ichigo a few feet behind Zaraki, his eyes blazing into mine.

He wasn't even going to deny what Yachiru said. Yes, Yachiru is a child.

But she is also a Lieutenant. A very smart one. Who always spoke the truth.

I turned away from Yachiru, approaching Ichigo.

I grabbed his wrist, pulling him away from the small crowd that had begun to form all around us. I pulled us into an empty building the minute we stepped foot into Squad 13. Light seeped in through the windows as I stood into the center of the room, feeling Ichigo's presence behind me.

I turned around and faced him, looking up at his face.

He smiled.

"What are you doing, Rukia?"

"What are you doing, Ichigo?" I shot back at him.

"What do you mean?"

"You're giving me second thoughts." I snapped. That only caused him to smile even wider.

"That's a good thing, right?"

I sighed, shutting my eyes.

"I'm sorry you are upset at my decisions. I really am. But quit trying to make me feel worse than I already do."

"I can't lose you." He said.

(*play the link attached as you read the rest of this:)

My eyes shot open, looking up at him stunned. He wasn't even going to try to hide his feelings anymore.

"Don't you dare say that to me now." I said, shaking my head and backing away from his intense stare.

But he only mirrored my steps, as he moved forward.

"I'm speaking the truth."