XVIII

Rukia Kuchiki

Damn him for making all of this much harder than it should be.

I knew he knew all the pain I feel for having to leave Nii sama, Renji, and my other friends.

But what he is doing right now almost makes me want to live.

But I can't when the Soul Queen is dying because I'm so weak.

And just looking at Ichigo right now made me realize something I had never knew I'd feel for him.

I am in love with him.

But its just the Soul Queen's soul within me that is playing with my feelings and emotions.

In fact, I hadn't ever thought of Ichigo that way until the first time I came back. When the Soul Queen used a bit of her soul to bring mine back.

I am convinced that these feelings are influenced from the huge love the Soul Queen feels for Aizen. Even though she didn't show it much, since her attention was set on the Soul King and bringing him back, she loved Aizen. So much.

No wonder one doesn't completely give their soul out. Because they'd feel this person's feelings.

And the feelings Asami felt for Aizen were mirrored in my feelings for Ichigo.

This is all so messed up.

"I'm sorry Ichigo." I pulled away from his hand, from him, turning on my heel.

I stopped in my tracks. "We should go see Yachiru."

I awaited for Ichigo's response, turning my head. But he was facing the other way, away from the Seireitei.

"I'm gonna go and try to find Zaraki." Was all he said before he disappeared from my sight.

I sighed. I had upset him.

I wasn't hoping to depart from him like this.

It was like last time. On the battlefield against the Quincies. He had walked away from me.

And I don't blame him.

••

Third Person

Zaraki Kenpachi sat upon a pile of trees that were destroyed in the midst of his small rage.

He held his head in his hands, his zanpakuto at his feet. He was frustrated. Angry. And terrified.

He didn't want to believe what everyone had been saying. He kept it tracked in his head; Yachiru had been missing for thirty three days now.

And he still refused to believe it. Even though everything screamed at him that she was dead.

He had left the Seireitei without saying a single word to anyone. He hoped that his Squad was keeping themselves together. But probably not. They are all probably shitting themselves right now.

He didn't want to worry his Squad any longer; with their Lieutenant gone, and then their Captain disappearing.

This is probably enough training for eight days straight. Zaraki thought. He was surprised that no one had come to see him. But they were probably afraid of him, his reiatsu, his power. And then he wasn't surprised anymore.

He usually felt fueled after training. But he was more empty than ever.

Zaraki stood up on his feet, deciding it was time to go back.

"Shunsui!" The doors flung open as Mayuri walked in, his eyes holding that little glint of wildness in it.