V

Third Person

"Yare yare. Whadda we have here?" Gin smirked.

The Soul Queen grinned, then turning around to face her children before her.

"I will answer your most answered questions, my children. Have patience. We don't have much time.

My name is Asami Sōsuke. I was married to Aizen Sōsuke before we both died together and arrived together into Soul Society.

Six years later, I was taken away to the Soul King. Every King needs a Queen. And I was chosen by him, because of my unique powers.

So I gave my life to him, dedicated my life to protecting him, thus sending me into a deep sleep for many centuries in the depths of the Seireitei.

I am the Soul Queen. I am only awakened at the death of the Soul King. And this is the first time that this has ever happened.

That is why none of you have heard of who I am. My identity was kept secret. It was not safe for anyone to know that the Soul King had a lover.

The Soul King is the light, the life essence of the world. I am the dark, the death essence of the world. That is why he chose me.

I can manipulate death. I can remove the powers from one with just a simple look of my eyes. While the Soul King gives, I take away."

"So, you took away all our deaths." Starrk said.

"Exactly."

"Our lives belong to you? That makes me quite uncomfortable." Rose sighed.

"The second your duties to me are achieved, I will release all of you. I will let you all live. Even though it will kill me." The Soul Queen said.

"Why would you do that?" Jūshirō asked her.

"Because you all are my children. And I can't bear to have you all die. Again."

"A mother's love. I'd think that sweet if I only knew you more." Starrk smiled.

The Soul Queen smiled back.

"While you are under my bankai, you cannot die. As I said, I manipulate death, for as long as I want. Your powers are also heightened, heightened to the extent of the strength of the Quincies, but if needed, I can strengthen your powers even more. But not only are you under my bankai, but so is the Soul King.

As of right now, the Soul King's powers are being removed from Yhwach, the one who killed our Soul King. I am slowly piecing his soul back together as of right now

So do not go near Yhwach. His death is reserved by the Soul King."

Lieutenant Sasakibe stepped forward, interrupting the Soul Queen. "My Queen, if I may ask, why did you choose to bring us back?"

"None of you were supposed to die. Just like the Soul King can see the future, I see the past. And none of you were meant to die."

The Soul Queen looked at Gin, slight pain in her eyes. She especially felt pity for him, since it was Aizen who killed him.

Gin's eyes were open, and he gave Asami a reassuring smile.

The Soul Queen carried on, before interrupted by Kensei.

"And Captain Yamamoto? You didn't bring him back?"

Lieutenant Sasakibe's eyes widened at Kensei's words.

"Just like I didn't bring Captain Unohana back. The both of them were supposed to die. I can't change that." Asami said, sighing.