XV

Third Person

Zaraki Kenpachi was in the forest of the Rukongai, practicing the indestructible power of his zanpakuto, Nozarashi.

He left the Seireitei eight days ago, taking a small break from the presence of Soul Reapers. He hadn't even yet heard of the news of the Soul Queen reversing her bankai tomorrow night. He needed to fight, he was not only hungry for killing, but his sword was too.

But with every dummy or hollow cut down, he felt an emptiness inside of him. It was like he was missing a part of him, and that he would go insane.

And he was. All he could think about is where Yachiru was. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but he felt lost. And empty. She was his best friend; the guardian angel on his shoulder that guided him, even though her directions were mostly wrong but Kenny listened to her anyway. Because the sound of her high pitched and cute voice made him smile.

Zaraki was still trying to cope from killing Retsu Unohana. He felt training his shikai and bankai would help relieve his mixed feelings.

But the fear that Yachiru might be dead made him angry. Everyone had been telling him for the past month that she's probably dead. But he refused to believe them. In fact, he nearly killed a few of them.

Zaraki knew Yachiru was better than that. He knew she wouldn't die so easily. Because he was the one who trained her.

But he still didn't know that Yachiru had just been found. And here he was, cutting down dummies and hollows to strengthen his Nozarashi, when in truth, he was just trying to get his mind off of worrying about his little pink haired companion.

-

meanwhile, in Seireitei: Squad One Barracks: Captains' Meeting Room

"Captains. Lieutenants. Thanks for coming." Captain Kyōraku sat at the high chair before them. He looked amongst the lines of shinigami beyond him.

The room was silent as no one replied.

Captain Kyōraku chuckled. "This feels kinda weird.."

"Captain!" Nanao warned him, whispering at him harshly.

"Alright, alright. Let's get down to business." Captain Kyōraku then stood up onto his feet, standing before the Captains and Lieutenants.

"Lieutenant Yachiru has been found in a gruesome condition, thanks to our good friend Ichigo." Kyōraku said, moving his eyes to the bleach haired hero, his lips pulled up into a small smile.

Ichigo stood at the door, his arms crossed as his gaze remained on the ground.

"Now, Lieutenant Isane is working on her now as we speak. She said that she will do everything in her power to keep Lieutenant Yachiru alive. But the chances are very.. slim right now."

Ikkaku clenched his teeth, his hands in fists, as sweat trailed down his head. Since Captain Zaraki could not come here, he, as third seat, had to fill in for him. Yumichika was behind Ikkaku, trying to keep him calm, but in truth Yumichika could barely keep calm himself.

Squad 11 was currently in chaos. At the news of their Lieutenant, they all freaked out; the thought of their Lieutenant Yachiru dying was unbearable. She was the one who kept Zaraki partially sane, and the one who kept the squad united. She was the only light in Squad 11's frightening and dark world. And now that adorable little pink haired child that they all looked up to, even though she gave them weird nick names, was dying.