Chapter Twenty - Unraveling Wei Shen

His grin disappeared then he sighed as if he had the whole world on his shoulders. "Can I at least sit first and ask you how you're doing?"

"Fine." I raised my brows then folded my arms. "Sit down."

Wei took each step slowly with his eyes never leaving mine. He was studying me with his gaze and my heart burned, honestly, with excitement because I missed him so much. He sat near the edge of the bed and it dipped as he did. He continued on staring at me and I was doing the same thing.

"I missed you, half-breed." He blurted. I frowned but in a quiet voice I replied.

"Me too, Bruce Lee." I admitted and then he smiled. Who am I kidding? I can't be mad at Wei even if his presence meant that he lied to me for two years. He is still my best friend and I know he has a good reason for this. I'll decide whether I'll be mad at him or not after his explanation.

"So how are you feeling?" He inquired.

With him this close I can't help but regard him. He was wearing a suit and his long hair was neatly tied. He had this aura around him that was different from the aura of the Wei back in Taiwan. His aura now was more mature, formal, and serious. And more importantly, I never saw him wore a suit before.

"Much better. Thank you. By the way, you look nice in a suit."

He looked a bit surprised by my comment but he brushed it off with a grin. "I know."

I rolled my eyes at his cocky response and he chuckled.

"I'm glad to hear that you're okay. I was starting to worry." He said as relief spread over his features.

I frowned in question and so he continued to speak, rather unsurely. "You've been asleep for two nights since Sunday, Rosie."

"What?" I asked incredulously. He only nodded in acknowledgment. I held my head as his words sunk in. Two nights. I've been asleep for two nights! I should have been home since Friday. Mom would be worried.

"What is it? Is your head hurting? I can get you some pills..." Wei began to stand up but I held his arm to stop him.

"No, it's not that. I'm just worried about my mom and the twins." I said feeling distant.

"Oh." Wei sat back down then he removed the improvised table off my bed and returned it to the cart so he could sit nearer to me.

"You can call them if you want. I have a phone right here." Wei suggested then he took his cellphone out and handed it to me. Why haven't I thought of that? Excited, I embraced him tightly and this took him off guard. I thanked him profusely and then he hugged me back.

After I made the phone call, I found out that Daniele already called mom about our so-called extended business trip slash vacation but this time he told mom that we were in Tokyo, Japan. Like what I did before, I went along with Daniele's story to prevent mom from worrying. It didn't feel good to lie, especially when I already want to spill everything out. It was wrong to make up stories but I have to do this until I get back home and Wei will help me go through with my plan.

I shouted for Wei to come back inside the room. He was in the balcony giving me my privacy. He plopped down on the bed and I gave him his phone back.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"About that Rosie, does your mom know you're actually here? What happened to you? Why are you here in Vegas? How did you even get here?" He bombarded me with questions that it made me a bit annoyed because he hasn't told me his explanation yet.