Chapter Twelve - Rumor Has It

Have you ever experienced something so special you thought it would never end?

Well, that was what I thought while Daniele and I were inside his car holding hands. Until out of the blue, a phone call rings—disrupting our moment once again. You know what they say, good things never last.

It was an important call that Daniele had to take so he excused himself and removed his hand from mine. I instantly felt the warmth leaving and my heart scowled at the action.

He could have just taken the call without removing his hand, my inner self whined but I ignored it.

I gazed at him while he was talking, his brows creasing together and his lips forming a thin line. I also can't help but notice the lilt in his voice. It sounded like Italian accent and it was almost undetectable, unless you're listening closely.

His jaw was also tensing a bit and then he let out a frustrated sigh that stopped me from staring. I quickly looked in front to hide my blushing cheeks as I squirmed in my seat because the butterflies abruptly invaded. He ended the call, slipped the phone back into his pocket then turned to me.

"Sorry. I have to talk to someone but this wouldn't take long." He gave me an apologetic smile and as always even with other people I understood. I understood Daniele and his busy world.

I nodded then he told the driver to take us to a place called Stellar Corporation. I thought that maybe it was an associate company of Daniele's. Thinking more about this, I realized that I don't know much about his job or the things he do. He said that he's the CEO of a company but that's all I know. Well it wouldn't matter anyway since I'll be leaving tomorrow. Actually, nothing that happens now will matter anymore.

After a while, we stopped in front of a tall structure that glistened like silver in the evening with it's reflective outer covering. It's like the whole building was covered with silver metallic foil. I leaned more to the window behind me and saw a star with four points at the very top of the building with the label Stellar Co. in cursive under it. It was amazing and it was glowing brightly like a real star. I also noted that even at night, there were still a lot of people in business attires going in and out of the building. Daniele was about to go out when I tugged the hem of his sleeve. He turned his eyes to me.

"What is it?" He asked, searching my eyes for anything that should be of his concern.

"I need to go to the bathroom." I replied.

"All right." He said after regarding me for a second then we went inside.

I stared in awe at the interior of the building. It was very substantial and modern and the theme of the place was mostly metallic black and white. Actually, it kind of reminds me of outer space. It also complements the exterior of the structure and everything about the place implied power and superiority. You could even mistake the place for a hotel like The Babylon if not for the big Stellar Co. label that was outside.

I didn't realize that I had stopped walking until Daniele called my name and pulled me out of my thoughts. Muttering an apology, I followed him to the elevator then we stopped at the thirty-sixth floor. A hallway with the same innovative design greeted us as we got out the elevator.

Daniele pointed me to a narrower hallway at the right and told me to walk straight until I reach a black door with the sign female on it located at the left side of the wall.

"After you're done, meet me back here again. Don't go anywhere, okay?" He said like he's making me promise something.

"Okay." I answered but he looked like he wasn't contented with my reply. I sighed inwardly. It's not like I'm going to escape now after all that happened and the things I've found out. Besides I'm leaving tomorrow, right? So why is he worrying?