Chapter Four - The Man Whose Identity Doesn't Matter

Soon after he left me hanging with those words, he disappeared once again in the apartment. After that incident I never tried to escape again—I needed a plan at least. Mr. My-Identity-Doesn't-Matter is not the type of man to be messed with and I just know it. Deep beneath his calm demeanor I can sense that there's a demon hiding inside of him. I may be inexperienced when it comes to fighting but I know how to assess a person and a situation well.

I don't want to see that demon right now so I will just go ahead with this. Soon I'll think of a way to escape and go back to Taiwan without being caught in the throat again.

My shoulders sagged as I let myself drop on the floor. I rested my head against the wooden door as the carpet beneath me smoothly scraped my bare legs. This nightgown I'm wearing was too short and thin. It must be the reason why I easily felt his heat when he trapped me on the door.

Thinking about it, I've never been that close to a man before except Wei. I never even had my first kiss and I don't have any experience when it comes to men and sex. I'm nineteen, I know, but when life is hard and you've become the only one your family relies on, it's really difficult to have a life outside your family and work.

I never really knew the life where I can buy make-up and dresses for myself with my own money, where every night I can go to a party and meet new people or where everyday I didn't have to work so I could just go and enjoy the perks of being a single woman. I never knew that kind of life but I never blamed my family and I don't have any regrets. They need me as much as I need them.

As I sat on the floor, I let myself drown in random thoughts. Then something flashed in my mind.

I'll come back to return the favor.

Those seven words that I've almost forgotten. The stranger I saved that night. Could it be that he's the reason for all of these? I didn't want to judge but the message he left me was suspicious and since I saved him this had happened to me.

I tried to recall his face but it seemed that no matter how hard I try I can't remember his exact features. I mean I do but at that time he had a full beard and his hair was all over his face. That night, I was also too tired and I was focusing on his wounds too much. His whole facade was a complete mystery. Luckily for me, his dragon pendant was the only thing I can remember but unfortunately there's that very small probability that I would see such a jewel again.

"Get up now." Someone ordered and my eyes immediately perked open. Mr. My-Identity-Doesn't-Matter was standing in front of me with his usual icy gaze and he was carrying two coats and a paper bag.

We're going out? I thought as I sensed my heart beat wildly at the anticipation.

I slowly stood and my knees wobbled due to the lost of energy. It only came to me now that I haven't eaten anything yet and I'm so hungry. I held on the door for support but it wasn't enough. Suddenly, I felt a hand snaked its way around my waist.

I gasped. My wide eyes landed on him but he was looking at me with a straight face. "Let me help you." He offered monotonously.

His hand tightened softly on my waist and I can't help but feel the spot blaze with sensual heat. I encouraged my knees to take control of themselves. I don't want him holding me any longer because it's starting to make me feel uneasy. Men nowadays are making me feel uneasy. He removed his hand from my waist and I instantly sensed the heat leaving.

We stood there in awkward silence until a rumbling sound echoed in the room. It was my shameless stomach. I bit my lower lip at what just happened because it was really embarrassing.

"Just as I thought." He said all of a sudden with an almost amused voice but I know he was trying to hide it.

"Here, put this on." He gave me the paper bag and I scanned its contents. It contained a pair of denim jeans, brown boots, and a white loose blouse. They looked very expensive and stylish—very different from the usual clothes I wore.