Chapter Seven - Intensity Breakdown

Isaiah didn't help me at all. He just left me sitting there and I realized after a long while that he's not coming back. So I just stood and walked out of the elevator before it closes on me.

It was a struggle. My feet hurt and I have to limp a long hall way just to reach the room. Isaiah walked ahead of me and I can't help but send daggers with my eyes on his back. I swear I could have bore a hole at his center. He must be mad at me but I can't understand why he'd get angry just because I told him he was a nice person. It suddenly made me want to unravel everything about him—to know why he had become the person he is now.

He reached the door faster and of course he had to wait for me. When I saw his irritated look, I can't help the smug smile that had formed on my face. I personally did that to annoy him more. He narrowed his eyes at me then he slowly shook his head as he turned around. I almost laughed.

I placed my left hand on the wall to support myself as he pushed a buzzer on the side of the door. "Boss, this is Isaiah." He told the buzzer and almost instantly the front door clicked.

I narrowed my brows in confusion. "It couldn't be that he's inside, right?"

"Yes, he's inside." He answered nonchalantly.

I stared blankly at him as I try to wrap my mind around what he just said. How could it be that he arrived at the room before us? Is there another elevator that I didn't know of?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The Babylon is a big hotel. Maybe there's another way I didn't know of, like some secret elevator or something. What matters is that he's there and we're here, and soon I'm going to meet him face to face.

He pushed the door open then he turned to look at me. "After you." He coaxed. I raised a brow. Now he's being a gentleman after he ditched an injured woman all alone in the elevator.

He tilted his head. "Boss doesn't like to wait." Then he ushered for me to go inside. I obliged then he went after me.

The luxurious living room from this morning greeted me and it never ceased to amaze me. I looked around the white-painted room then I noticed a few things I hadn't noticed this morning. There was a furnace at the right wall of the room and beside it was a stock of wood. It was the only light that illuminated the whole room. There was also a black bookcase on the other side of the furnace and in front of it were large comfy-looking sofas and a small coffee table with a bottle of wine and glass on top of it. One look and you would instantly know that the room belonged to a rich bachelor. You wouldn't even believe that only one person lives in such a big place.

He must be lonely...

It was only a fleeting thought but it made me wonder. Yes, Mr. Alleva could be a lonely heart. I mean if I were in his place I would really want someone to share everything I have. What's the use of a lot of fortune when you have no one to share it with? When you're all alone?

People die for a proper piece of bread but everyone dies for a little piece of love. At least I'm lucky because I have my family and even though we can't have everything we wanted we've got what we needed and that's love.

"Good evening, boss." Isaiah said all of a sudden that it pulled me out of my thoughts.

I turned my head to where Isaiah was looking and saw a beautiful man rise from one of the sofas. He was wearing a black long-sleeved polo with two of its buttons opened showing a bit of his broad chest. His hair was also a bit disheveled but it made him look even more handsome.

A small smile formed on his lips as he put both his hands in his pants pocket. "It's nice to see you so soon Rosalie. How are you?" His voice was a little tired but overall it was relieved like he had been waiting for me for a long while.