TemariXShikamaru: Too Mainstream {Modern Day Hipsters}

Third person POV~

The blonde haired kunoichi sighed, listening to Kankuro mumble on and on about his sex life. She sat at the kitchen table drinking her frappe from McDonalds as he sat across from her with a Big Mac in hand, still talking.

Her smaller brother Gaara had already left the house, going to the next couple blocks over to see his friend Naruto, Sasuke, and some others. Temari thought about taking up the offer to go with, but it didn't seem to matter to her if Shikamaru wasn't going.

Her cheeks turned a light crimson  at the thought of Shikamaru. She closed her eyes with a sigh and the thought of him. Last time they saw each other was at the Konoha Pool.

~FLASH BACK~

She was sitting on the lawn chair basking in the sunlight as everyone was in the pool laughing and playing. Shikamaru walked over to her with a smile, letting his hair fall down as someone smacked a water balloon at his back.

He picked up a kid's nearby watergun and squirted it everywhere. Afterwords he sat down in a nearby lawn chair and squirted her stomach.

"Shika!" She whined removing her sunglasses and looking over at him, a smirk on his face.

"How does one come to the pool and expect not to get wet?" He questioned cocking the watergun, ready to shoot again.

"I'm more of a beach person. Pools just aren't me," she answered with a shrug, putting hr glasses back on.

"So am I, but I'm still gonna have fun," He reached over and grabbed her glasses, putting them on top of his head and walking off.

"Shikamaru!" she called. She stood up and ran after him.

He picked up his pace into a jog and went over to his guy-friends. He called something out to them and then they all smirked at her evilly. She stopped running as Shikamaru climbed up the Life Guard latter and sat down in the chair.

"Chouji can you please tell your friend to give me back my glasses?" Temari asked.

Chouji, and his newly formed slimmer body shook his head, "I would Temari but it's...complicated."

"Kankuro?"

Kankuro, who had his girfriend on his shoulders shook his head, "Kinda busy sis,"

"Gaara?" She asked.

From inside the pool, Gaara waved, "Yes?"

"Can you please get my glasses from Shikamaru?" she asked.

"Ok su-" He was tackled into th water by Lee and then Lee was dunked in by Neji.

Temari pouted slightly, crossing her arms over her bikini top, "Why can't anyone go get it for me?"

"You have two legs, get the walking," Sasuke said hitting her with a water ballon.

"Sasuke!" Temari whaled.

Naruto, who was just walking over with two super soakers, winked at Sasuke for a heads up. They nodded at each other and then Naruto hit Temari from head to toe in icey water. She screamed and turned towards him, murder in her eyes.

"Heeeeey~ Tema-chan...." He said throwing the water guns into the pool and hitting Lee and Neji in the face, making them fall back into the pool with a splash.

Shikamaru, walking over with her glasses and a single water balloon, was laughing. He came behind her and put the sunglasses on her head before dropping the water balloon in her bikini bottoms and slapping her butt and diving into the deep end.