Encounter in the Elevator

It was a Sunday when I first met Sal. I was on my way to visit my friend Emily who lived in an upscale apartment complex in Upper Manhattan. As I walked towards her apartment complex on the 97th street in the evening I felt a little chilly. Winter is coming.

I love fall and winter. Something about the cold weather has always appealed to me. Also something about keeping warm in a cold weather- snuggling in a warm and cozy blanket, a good book with a cup of hot coffee and maybe a significant other to snuggle with under those warm and cozy sheets, a warm body to hold, cuddle and kiss and oh so much more.

I hate being single in such a beautiful weather and this is why I was going to Emily's. She was having a little get-together and she wanted me to get it on with a friend of her boyfriend. But the thing is that I am done with the whole charade. The last man I was dating was only a body who would keep me warm and entertained. I didn't feel any love for a single moment.

My heart longed for someone else whom I could never call my own and this made me tear up. I wiped a tear from my right eye and dispelling thoughts of Richard and his current squeeze I walked into the posh building, not realizing that tonight's the night everything will change and I will meet the greatest love of my life.

I entered the building and entered my name and other details in the register. As I walked to the elevator I saw a gentleman waiting for the elevator. He had black hair, styled quite nicely and slick, and a bit chubby but looked handsome in his own way. And that smirk and oh those eyes. He dressed well, immaculate and was tall. The elevator came to the ground level and the doors opened. "After you, miss", he said in his thick accent and somehow I felt a weird warm feeling within me. That was one sexy voice. I smiled and went in. He joined me.

"Which floor?", he said and I replied 14th. He pressed 14th and 16th. For some reason I kept imagining his full lips on mine. A reckless hookup. I could stop the elevator and just fuck him but I didn't do it and stood awkwardly alone with him.

Then vaguely I hear him saying, "I am going to lose my virginity tonight!"

"What the actual fuck!", I thought. I mean he had to be in his 30s and how did it not happen yet.

I wanted to say "I'd love to help you out.", but I end up saying "Good luck man!", and gave him a weak smile.

He then went on to say "Would you do the honors?", and I was actually weirded out for a moment because this doesn't really happen to me (or any normal person) but then I actually heard myself saying, "Won't you buy me a drink first?"

The tall guy (6ft tall is definitely tall in comparison to me being 5ft 3in) then laughed and offered to take me out and frankly I'd actually leave with him. Right now. Cancel my plans and leave with this guy. I ended up giving him my number and smiled and left when my floor came only to see a couple of guys out wanting to know my name and my permission to "air this on television".

"Television? Permission? Huh?" I was obviously flabbergasted for I didn't know what was happening.

The guys who introduced themselves as Q, Joe, Murr and Sal (the one in the elevator, the 30+ "virgin") had a show on the television called Impractical Jokers which is a hidden camera TV show where these four guys make fools of each other in public. Apparently Sal won this challenge (yes I did end up giving my number to this guy) and they needed my permission to air this. "Of course!", I said and smiled. The guys then said that my reaction was definitely the most unique ever to which I thanked them and then they seemed to walk away.

But I saw Sal coming back to me and he then said, "You're really one of the most chill people we've had on the show. We should meet up some time." I was obviously overjoyed inside but I played it cool and said, "You got my number Mr Vulcano. Ring me up when you want to have a good time." I winked. "You are one confident girl. What is your name?", he asked. "I am Susan. Susan Bishop." I replied. "Well Susan Bishop, I'll definitely call you", he said while kissing my hand and winking at me before leaving.

I liked what happened but then again I know these TV guys. He's probably said it to many girls, heck I've said it to many boys and meant nothing and this was a famous celebrity kind of guy. I kept hoping he'd call me or text me or something and went to Emily's shindig. How I wish I got his number.

Anyways the get together was mild and I went home alone. Though I did want to hook up with that guy at the party, I wanted the green eyed Mr Vulcano and I slept lost in his thoughts anticipating a meeting and something more. Little did I know that this encounter in the elevator will trigger a chain of events I would never forget.