Chapter 12. You're Gonna Get It.

Start from the beginning

"Megan," I warned. I really wasn't going to discuss stuff like that with Megan. At the time I wasn't really thinking very logically. Now I seriously felt like I was going to burn in hell for it.

"Oh come on," Megan begged.

"Megan, get dressed," I ordered. I began to take off my clothes to get into my dress.

"Please," Megan asked.

"It was fine," I grumbled, prying her fingers from my wrist. I pulled my dress over my head. I adjusted the single strap of the dress to cover my scar.

"Looks good right?" I asked.

"Yeah, someday when Jack gets older you'll have to thank him for giving you bigger boobs," Megan teased. I covered my chest and turned away from her.

"Just fine?" She questioned, putting on her own dress.

"What do you want me to say?" I asked, pulling my hair up in my hand, trying to decide how to wear it.

"I want you to say exactly how you felt!" Megan ordered. "What was the first thing that went through your mind when he asked you?"

"He didn't ask," I said, deciding to leave it down. I brushed a few tangles from my hair and arranged the curls the way I wanted them.

"You asked him?" Megan gasped.

"I offered," I corrected, taking my heels of death out of their box.

"What'd he say?" Megan asked.

"That we didn't have too," I answered.

Megan got this super happy sad look on her face. "Aw that's so sweet!" She cried.

"So what about when you were like about to," Megan asked, carefully wording her question. Any more descriptive and I would have quit telling her.

"What the hell am I thinking?" I answered. Megan laughed and began to pull her hair up into a super tight ponytail.

"What'd he say," Megan questioned.

"He said, 'I love you,'" I said, repeating Jace's exact tone, the tone that had made me completely forget any fear I had and had melted my heart.

"What about after what'd you think then?" She asked, brushing red lipstick across her lips and doing her famous shadowy eye across her eyelid.

"Wow," I muttered.

"A good wow?"

"A great wow," I laughed. Jack started to fuss in his crib and I picked him up.

"Maybe these heels weren't such a good idea," I said, imagining myself falling flat on my face while I held Jack.

"He wasn't gone when you woke up was he?" Megan asked.

"No Megan," I answered, rolling my eyes as she ignored my heels comment. I grabbed Jack's bag, making sure he had everything he needed.

"Aren't you wearing make up?" Megan asked, shocked. I grabbed a lip gloss and swept it across my lips and applied mascara and eye liner. This was a feat considering I had a baby in one hand and a bag across the other shoulder.

"Ryder is gonna flip when he sees how hot you look," Megan beamed. I frowned. It didn't hurt to talk about Jace, but the reminder that I was going out with his cousin tonight made me feel-- like a cheater.

I didn't reply. Instead I carried Jack downstairs.

"I made him a bottle it's on the counter, there's another in the fridge to take for later if he-- oh Izzy," Mom looked up from trying to get her bracelet on and smiled.