Chapter 1: Rocks and Stones

Hope you like this fanfic. I have always loooooved Draco Malfoy <3

My cover was made by MissLya so this is dedicated to her :-)

I always knew I was different; it was just a matter of time until I realized it. But that didn’t mean that they had to torture me. I was in third grade when it started. I had to walk home since it was two blocks away and Mum worked until late at night. The bullies always followed.

When it was hot and dry, I came home with bruises and welts from rocks. When it was rainy, I came home with mud all over me. When it was cold and snowing, I came home without my earmuffs and mittens, in place there was snow covered ice on my head and stuck on my coat. I didn’t cry until I was in my room. Mum never suspected a thing, because I always fixed myself before she came home. The bruises and scratches were hard to cover up, but I used my mum’s makeup to restore my face. It was horrid.

In a little town in the Western English County of Wiltshire, I was running home in the May sun. I was too occupied bobbing from large chunks of rocks that were pelting at me from behind, that I missed my turn. I couldn’t turn around and head back to the throwers, so I kept running down the street. There was nowhere to hide, but cross over to the bad side of town. I knew they wouldn’t follow me through the black iron gates.

I turned to see widened eyes on each one of their faces. It was so hilarious, I had to smirk. Then they all screamed and ran away as fast as they could. I started laughing and screamed, “Yeah you better run!” at their retreating backs. That’s when I heard a cough from behind. I froze up and turned slowly back around.

Stone gray eyes stared back into my own chocolatey ones. The boy was about my age with whitish blonde hair and a huge grin plastered on his face. “May I ask, what are you doing here? An innocent little girl like you might run into an evil boy like me.”

“If you must know, I was running away from them,” I pointed towards the remaining stragglers, rounding the corner I missed. “Now I must go, I bid you good day.” I slightly turned, before the boy snagged my wrist.

“Please, don’t go,” he pleaded. His grin was wiped away, now a sad look crept onto his features. “I know you are different, and so am I. I just want to talk with you, please.”

I had never heard someone say please to me. That was a start. “Fine, but I must be back before night falls.”

The boy smiled, but this time it was a genuine smile. He pulled me through the gate way and down a side path I never saw before. Willow trees stood parallel from each other down the path. Peacocks, I didn’t know how they got there, strode across the path and fluffed their feathers in front of us. A Queen Anne’s Lace danced in the wind. The boy picked it and tucked it between my ear and a strand of hair. We moved down the path and finally made it to a clearing. In the middle was a small pond. A bench sat at its edge. The boy motioned me closer to the edge. He took the wild flower out of my hair, gently, and placed it on the surface of the water. In a few seconds, the whole pond was covered in Queen Anne’s Lace flowers. I looked at him in amazement.

“You are like me?” I asked. He just nodded and stared in my eyes. I tried to smile, but it came out more like a grimace. His eyes looked so sad. I had to do something. That something was a warm hug.

“What are you doing?” His voice sounded shocked.

“I’m giving you a hug. Mum always gives me a hug when I seem sad.”

“Well I’m not sad,” he huffed. I snickered, because he didn’t back out of my hug.

“What’s your name?” I asked.

“Draco. Draco Lucius Malfoy. Shouldn’t you know that?”

“No, why should I know that?”

“Hasn’t your mum told you about us Malfoy’s?”

“No, my mum doesn’t even know I’m different.” Once I said that Draco froze up and pushed me back. His eyes showed so many emotions. Anger, betrayal, sadness, disgust, and many more that didn’t look so good. “What’s your problem, Draco?” I wanted to hug him again, but this time I kept to myself.

“You filthy scum,” he yelled in my face. Draco ran off into the trees. I glared at his retreating back. Why would he say something like that? Did I do something wrong? I just stood there for a while, wondering what had just happened. I barely noticed it was turning dark. When I came out of my stupor, only because an owl hooted, I picked up the wild flower in the pond and started walking back down the path.