Old Habits Die Hard

Pete's Pov

"Andy, how much do you and the rest know about-"

"Your human sir?"

"Yeah, and stop calling me sir if you have to then only do it in public not when were alone."

"Whatever you say Pete... Everyone here doesn't know anything about him. I know a little because I always liked to eavesdrop on conversations."

"That's what got you killed in the first place."

"What can I say, old habits die hard."

"How much did you overhear?"

"That you fell in love with a human and you wanted to be with him instead of wanting the crown. So you father went to get you and now your back here."

I rolled my eyes "Your just on top of everything."

"Of course... now you have you stay here and get the crown by force or else your dad will make you kill your human."

"You heard that too! Anyway there is no way that's happening, I'd be a fool to give up someone like him."

"Well does him a name?"

"Yes, but I can't say it here. You'll know when it's time for you to go."

"Go? Go where?"

"The human world, I need you to be there..."

"Oh no Pete, you said you won't have any communication with that human. Your father is going to torture you, me especially for helping you."

"I lied about everything, besides no one is getting tortured. Once I take the crown my father had no say over me anymore."

"But once you take it, you can't leave hell and will be forced to stay here forever. How is your relationship with that guy suppose to work?"

"I don't know, all the details to my plan yet... Right now I need to talk to him and that's why I need you." I handed him a container full of pills.

"What are these?"

"Sleeping pills, he needs to take two before he falls asleep. Once that happens I'll appear in his dreams and be able to talk to him."

"And once I give this to him can I come back?"

"No, you'll take care of him until I tell you otherwise."

"But my job is to serve and protect you, even when you don't need it."

"Exactly, serve me. That's an order, you leave in a few minutes I'll get you all the information that you need. It wouldn't be hard for you to blend in since you were once a human."

"Fine, I guess I have no choice."

"Hey, don't look at this like a bad thing, believe me out there is better then being stuck in here. Remember that the mirrors will be how we will communicate, but only if anything serious happens."

"Whatever you say Pete."