Lay Us Down

Pete's Pov

I kept running until I was no where in site, I am such an idiot for not keeping it together. We are not suppose to revel ourselves like that, I can't go back. I couldn't take Patrick with me, I'm no good for him like this. If I was human, things could have been so much different.

I looked around until I found an abandoned building, maybe I could hide in there for now. I went towards it and saw a cross... It was a church.

I am not suppose to be near or inside of one, and not because we start burning and crying in pain. Thats a myth, I don't know what human spread that rumor. The only time we do burn inside of one if these places is if we believe in that lie. Which some idiots still do.

I stepped inside and looked around everything was covered in dust the floor, pews and the alter. I sat down in one of the pews and looked at a cross that was hung up.

"I fell in love with a human and I wish to only be with him, I don't to go back to hell... I don't want the crown!"

The ceiling started to crack along with the floor, fire was slowly devouring the place, once I said that. I knew that he heard me, and he would punish me for what I said.

I sat in the middle of it all. My hands crossed, my lap and my head leaned against the pew staring up at the ceiling.

The fire began to curl up against my skin. Feeling warm at the touch but it didn't burn me.

"Pete! Pete!" I heard Patrick banging against the church doors from outside, how did he find me?

I didn't say anything just sat there. "Pete are you in there...answer me!?"

I spoke up... I think "Get away from here Patrick it's not safe!"

The fire was getting bigger smoke was all around. I looked back at the alter and saw a shadow figure it looked familiar... It was just standing there. My eyes widen when I realize who it was.

"Dad?" was the last thing I remember before the ceiling collapsed on me.

Please Read: Hey guys, so the first part of the story is now complete and the second part will be written soon. I don't know if I should write everything in this book or start the second part as a sequel?? Idk will see what happens.

Also Happy Halloween;)