Curiosity Killed The Cat 2

Patrick's Pov

How can I bring this up. I can't just straight up ask him 'Hey did you kill your roommate' that would sound stupid. I was currently on my laptop working on a project and Pete was probably in a class. I was nervous, I know there shouldn't be a reason to be I mean Pete is my friend.

I looked up once I heard the door unlock. "Hey, kid."

"Hi, how was class?"

"Boring as always. Yours?"

"Alright, have more homework to do."

"Figures. I throught you would be out with your boyfriend?"

"I'm not going out with Brendon anymore?"

He looked at me confused. "Was it about what happened-"

"No... He cheated on me with Dallon."

"I knew it, I never liked that guy and your boyfriend anyway. You could do better."

"Yeah, I guess your right."

"Well besides that is there anything else you did today?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yeah there was something that caught my attention today."

"Oh yeah, what was that?"

I closed my laptop shut and looked directly at him. "I saw your old dorm room."

"You... You went to go see it?"

"I actually found it by accident, I went inside the building with all the deserted rooms and-"

"What did you think?" he asked cutting me off.

"Think of what?"

"The room. Do you believe the others now that you saw it?"

I shook my head. "I don't want too..."

"Do you think my roommate deserve to die like that. I mean he was nothing but a liar, a cheat, and a coward. Just like your ex boyfriend."

"Pete, no matter how bad someone was they don't deserve to go out like that."

He laughed. "If you had what I do, I pretty sure you would have made Brendon and Dallon pay for what they did."

"And what do you have?"

He sighed and dragged me into the bathroom. He put his hand on the back of my head making me stare straight at the mirror. "Look at yourself Patrick, your nothing but a naive kid. No matter what you'll always let people step on you."

"Pete... Let go!" I tried getting him off, but he held on tighter.

"Don't you get it Patrick! Nice guys always finish last. That's why you have to make all the people that hurt you pay!"

"Pete... Let go! Your hurting me!" I felt his fingers tangling themselves on my hair. "People like Brendon, deserve to die the way he did."

I cried in pain feeling his fingernails digging into the scalp of my head. I couldn't take it anymore and I elbowed him hard on his stomach and running out of the room.

I didn't know what to think or do. The way Pete was staring at me, everything he said. At this point I'm completely sure Pete had something to do with the fire and I need to know what.