Not Bad, Joe

Patrick's Pov

"We're so getting arrested for stealing these files."

"Probably, but we're just looking at them, then will put them back later on. Now let's see what's in the file."

"Also not bad Joe on getting us in."

"Thanks, you too dude."

We scanned through the file most of it was filled with information that we already knew and some about the school background.

"Patrick listen to this... The guy that was burned last year on June fifth, it says there was no sign of his roommate Pete Wentz during that time... The guys name was Michael James Way nicknamed 'Mikey', He was twenty one when he died. They found, body burned up... It says that he had previous first degree burns before the fire, when they tried to exam the body.

The fire department looked around the room for anything that might of caused the fire and there was nothing... Look there are even pictures of the room and Mikey."

He handed me the photos, there were before and after shots. It was horrible seeing him burnt, he didn't deserve any of this.

"Look there is even a paper of everything Wentz stated when they interrogated him... He was asked where he was during all this and he said he was with M..Mr.Dehaan, he was helping him with is classes."

"What!? Let me see." I took the paper. "Why didn't Dehaan tell us?"

"Maybe he couldn't... Keep reading through."

"Dehaan said he was with him during that time. Then Pete was asked what was his relationship with Mikey. He said that they were... Dating that he loved him."

"Nothing makes any sense Joe... Pete wasn't there at all during the accident, and he loved Mikey. I don't think he would have done it."

"Whoa, Patrick don't get a head of yourself... For now I suggest we rest and we could pick it up tomorrow after class."

"Yeah, your right... What time is right now?"

He looked at his phone, "About eight thirty, why?"

"I need to go to my dorm and pick a few things up..."

"Wait! What about Pete?"

"He has a class that ends at nine, I wouldn't take that long anyway, I'll be back."

"Maybe I should-"

"Joe stop worrying if anything happens I'll call you... See you later."

I stepped out of his room and started heading towars mine, it was nice and cool outside and the night sky looked beautiful. Still I couldn't stop thinking of what we found. I finally arrived to my room, I unlocked the door and went inside. I turned on the light and saw Pete sleeping on my bed.
A part of me was telling me to get of the room now, and other didn't want me to go anywhere. I quietly walked towards him, he looked so peaceful sleeping. I gently placed my hand on top of his head.

Pete's eyes instally opened, he stared at me and smiled "Patrick."