Rumors

Patrick's Pov

"Out of every guy their is on campus you choose him, Pete Wentz!"

"Joe calm down, I didn't choose anybody."

"You were thinking of using him to make Brendon jealous!"

"Yeah so. I met him today, he seemed cool."

"Cool?! Are you not listening to yourself."

"Okay Joe. What is going, why are you acting this way."

"Do you not hear anything that is said about that guy."

"Yes I do. And there nothing but rumors. For all we know they can all be false."

"No there Not!!"

"Don't tell me you actually believe all that Joe."

"I do, Pete Wentz is no good. Why do you think he doesn't have any friends... People are too scared of him after what he did!"

"And what did he do exactly?" I asked.

"Patrick just last year Pete Wentz was accused of burning his roommate alive."

I signed. "Joe do you hear how ridiculous you sound right now. If Pete was a murderer he should be in jail...."

"He's not because they never found evidence, and if you don't believe me then why don't you go see Pete's old dorm room it's all burnt. That way you'll know I'm not lying."

"What do you know about this roomate. For all I know he could have been an idiot playing with matches or I don't know maybe someone else did it and they framed Pete."

"Why are you defending him? You don't know anything about this guy."

I didn't know how to answer that. It's true I don't know anything about Pete. Yet there is something that I find in him I really like. I can't believe what Joe is telling me. Pete told me that none of the rumors are true and I'm going to believe him. He doesn't seem like a bad person and people do nothing but pick on others, just like high school.

"You don't know anything about Pete either. Or are you going to tell me you actually talk to him about all this?"

"No, and I do not plan on it. That guy is nothing but bad news, and I suggest you stay away from him."

"Joe if I see him or not that's none of your business."

"Whatever, just please go see the room and you'll find out I'm not lying."

I nodded in response.