CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

"Who is my little princess? Who is my little princess? You little one! You!" Hiccup was talking loudly to his newborn daughter who was lying on his arm and clapping as he was singing.

Hiccup kissed her forehead as little one giggled adorably."Gods! Why are you so beautiful? pfft... what am I saying? When you are Astrid's daughter, you must be that beautiful."

Hiccup put his daughter into her cradle and pecks her nose.

"Come on Hiccup! You are spoiling her!" an angel voice came from behind. He closed his eyes and smirked.

There she was, his beautiful lovely wife, the one and the only: Astrid Hofferson. It's been a year since they got married and just two months after dragons left them.

As his wife took her daughter in her arms, he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"What? Trying to get me in the mood? Sorry chief today is not your day. It's Sapphire's day!" Astrid said. Hiccup grinned as he kissed her cheek.

"What? Can't a husband show how much he loves his wife? Is it forbidden?" Astrid smiled and got off from his embrace. He frowned. She put Sapphire on their bed and began get her suitable dress for tonight.

"When it stops the wife to do her jobs, yes! It is forbidden." Hiccup pouted but she pretended she didn't see it. He sat next to her and looked at his girls. For a while there was an awkward silent between them. When she finished dressing Sapphire, she lifted her up

"My little daughter is ready. Hiccup won't you pleas-" but she got cut when Hiccup pulled her on his lap.

"What the...What are you doing Hiccup?" he grinned playfully and kissed her lips. She got shocked at first but kissed him back. He pulled apart and put his forehead on hers.

"Since I'm the chief, I make rules! So I order that husbands can show their love to their wifes whenever they want! No complaint accepts!" Astrid smiled.

"Who says I complain about it?" they kissed again. When they were kissing, they heard a sneeze. Astrid broke the kiss and looked down; saw Sapphire looking at them with a blank expression. She chuckled.

"Looks like Sapphire is not used to this stuff." Hiccup chuckled and let her get off from his lap.

"Well, we will see when she grows up!"

"Okay Mr. Chief! Let's get ready for tonight. You don't want to be late for Sapphire's party, do you?"

**************************************

In the great hall, everyone was happy. Music could be heard, dance floor was full of people and you could see happiness in people's eyes.

Then, the gates opened as the chief and his wife with their newborn daughter in her arms walked in the great hall. Everyone clapped their hands and cheered. Someone even whistled.

Hiccup smiled and guided Astrid to sit on her chair. Hiccup stood on the platform and rose his hands, gestured them to be quiet.

When people became quiet, Hiccup cleared his throat.

"Today is the best day in my life! My daughter or should I say my future heir has born! And now I want to share my happiness with all of you. Please offer yourselves drinks in my party." again, everybody cheered and clapped.

Hiccup turned back to Astrid and Sapphire in her arms, playing with her. He smiled warmly and came near her.

"Aren't you the cutie? My little baby! My....oh! Hey Hiccup! Speech finished?" She became nervous when she heard his chuckle. Hiccup loved the times when he catches her while she is acting soft and girly, opposite of other times.