CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Astrid is sitting on a rock near a cliff. It was a painful sunset for her, not like always. Usually she sees sunsets as a romantic and peaceful time; mostly because Hiccup was always there with her.

But now...there is no hand around her waist, or a shoulder for her to rest her head. Not even a charming voice to calm her down. It was just her, Stormfly, sun and pain. She was still on the Dragon Island, but far from Hiccup.

She hurt to seeing Hiccup like that, like a lost man. He didn't know what is right or wrong, but if he just let her to explain back there, nothing like this happened. She looked up to the sky and remembered her first flight. The romantic flight.

The first time she showed her love toward Hiccup, the first time she noticed life is not always fight or war; it can be peaceful and full of love.

But now...life is no longer like this for her. Hiccup banished her before she could even tell him he is wrong about her. He fell for her, although he didn't even see her face. He even told her that he loves her but saying that she loves him back was very useless.

How much she likes to go and kiss him, say that how much she missed him; missed his soft lips and his arms around her, but looks like she would never can back where she got out from.

Astrid sighed. A tear fell from her eye as she sniffed. She began crying slightly. She didn't even bother herself to wipe them away; just let them fall from her eyes.

Stormfly noticed her rider's expression. She nudged her arm as she was still crying. Astrid turned around and looked at Stormfly looking down at her worried. Astrid made a fake smile and wiped her tears.

"I'm fine girl! I'm okay." But Stormfly knew something is bothering her badly. She nudged her again, convincing her to talk. Astrid couldn't hold it back and an explosion of tears came out from her eyes.

"Okay, you win. I'm not fine. I'm terrible. I couldn't tell Hiccup who I am and now I have no one to talk to. He shut me out and now he is thinking he fell for someone else. The worst part is the war is coming closer and I can't do anything."

She began panting because she said it too fast. She couldn't control her tears. Looks like her tears are unstoppable.

Stormfly sat beside her and tried to comfort her, which was useless. Astrid couldn't stop crying. Like a little baby who is hungry, well quitter.

She was covering her head with hands while crying. Then she felt something near her. She looked down and saw her little dragon 'Sneaky' is under her hand wanting some fondling. Astrid smiled and began fondling his back. Sneaky looked so calm and quiet under her hand. It was the best place for him.

Astrid smiled at this little dragon.

"You were always a great friend for me, little boy." Stormfly nudged her arm and showed her disagreement. Astrid chuckled and cracked under her chin.

"Don't be jealous Stormfly! You are always my number one." Stormfly nodded her head and licked her face.

"Aww, I love you too girl." now she was smiling. Her friends mad her smile again. Then she heard some growling from behind. She looked around, expecting to see some wild dragons to take away her life...again! But when she turned back she saw one of her old friends.

It was a Monsters Nightmare, he was her old friend. She hasn't seen him for a while since she settled in Berk again. She stood up and turned to him.

"How are you boy? What brought you here?" The dragon turned his head around and gestured the forest behind him. Astrid looked at what he gestured but saw nothing important.