CHAPTER FIVE

After Valka left, Sapphire stayed for a longer time to think."Astrid fearless Hofferson" It was her mother's name and so familiar for her. She heard it from his father whenever he went to the mysterious room and whispered it as he cried."So, that means he loves her?" She thought.

Then she yawned."I think I should go home and sleep." She stood up about to leave. Then she heard something in the dark. She turned her head to the voice and listened carefully. She was sure there is something moving in the bushes. She took a stick walked closer to it, ready for a fight.

When she was going near the bushes, she smelled something weird. Like animal's body, but it wasn't sheep or cow body smell. It was something that she never smelled before.

When she was close enough, she could hear something is roaring."Tigers.....lions....wolves......No...we don't have any this kind of animals in Berk."She thought.

"Who is there? Come out from that bush, I promise I won't kill you."Sapphire shouted at this strange thing as she raised the stick.

Suddenly a huge black thing came out of the bush. It was all black and had a big head. Sapphire had never seen anything like this before. It wasn't look like tigers or wolves. It looked like reptiles and for sure she knew what that was, big eyes, big head, large wings. Yes, it was a very good example of her grandmother's stories.

It was a DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without wasting time she did something that every Haddocks do.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH..............HELP!!!!!!!!" She screamed and ran away for her life.

When she was running to the village, she thought she won't make it. She looked back sometimes to make sure that beast is far enough. Once she looked back, she expected to see that dragon again, but instead of dragon she saw nothing. She looked around her, searching for the black dragon. Nothing, it was gone. But she was sure she is still in danger, so she headed home carefully.

She just took two steps, when suddenly in nowhere something fell on her. Sapphire screamed:

"AAAAAAHHHH.............GET...OF...ME.........YOU....LITTLE...."She couldn't finished her sentence, when she saw the dragon was staring at her eyes. She gasped and closed her eyes, waiting for the worst. Expecting it was her end."I'm too young for die." She thought."I still have a lot of dreams....I still don't know who my mother was.....I still want to be a great warrior and live and marry and have kids......and...!!!!!!"

But she felt someone pushed away the dragon on her. She opened her eyes slowly. Then looked up and saw a person with a fire sword. She already knew who the person was. It was her father, like always. It is always him. He was in front of her defending his daughter.

"DON"T YOU DARE TO TOUCH MY DAUGHTER, LITTLE BEAST...."He yelled at the dragon.

Suddenly the dragon was shocked, like it realized something. Sapphire was scared. It was her first time that she saw a real dragon. Hiccup saw her face ,knelt down and pulled her in to a hug.

"Oh.........I'm sorry Sapphire. I shouldn't let you go. I'm here...I'm here. Don't worry."He whispered to her.

Sapphire was confused. Not because of the dragon, because of her father. After all these years he is now hugging her. She held tears and hugged him back. Suddenly they both heard a groan. They turned around and looked at the dragon.

"It's weird. All the dragons left five years ago. How did it come here?"Hiccup said to Sapphire.

The dragon began to come closer. Hiccup held Sapphire back to protect her. When the dragon was close enough, Hiccup couldn't trust his own eyes.!!!

"T...Too..th...Toothless?......" He stuttered."

The dragon nodded with a smile. Hiccup laughed nervously. He couldn't tell the If it is a dream or not. His buddy was in front of him after five years!!!Hiccup ran to him and hugged Toothless.

"Ohh......boy...I missed you....Where have you been in all those years?"Hiccup asked.

Toothless didn't answer, but licked his face!!

"OHHH.......Toothless!!...You still do THAT!!You know that doesn't wash out!!!"

But he was happy about licking stuff .Actually he missed it .He missed Toothless very much and so did he.

Sapphire was confused. Her dad was hugging a huge beast that was about to EAT her!!!Yeah he really hates her!!! She smiled because maybe he hates her, but seeing his father happy makes her happy. She was sort of jealous because her father was hugging his pet easily, but not her. Like always, she didn't show it.

After some hugging and stuff, Hiccup realized Sapphire is not comfortable. He came near her and said:

"Sapphire, this is my best friend 'Toothless'. He is the dragon that grandma told you in her stories."

Sapphire was shocked!!!The great alpha was in front of her. The big hero in stories, was his father's buddy. Weird!!

"So, how are you..bud? How did you get there? Where are the other dragons? Like Hookfang, Meatlug, or St_Stormfly?"He stuttered the last part because it remembered him of Astrid.

Toothless didn't answer but looked back. There was a little thing behind him. Hiccup looked to see what it is. Suddenly he shouted:

"Toothless!!!.....You are a FATHER?!!!!"

There was a little Night furry_Nadder dragon!!!Hiccup never saw anything like that before. Its tail was a Nadder tail, but the body was like night fury and it head had Nadder's horns. Not that long but it had.

"Wow....I see that you mated with a Nadder! Which Nadder?...Don't tell me what I'm thinking is true!!!"Hiccup always knew that Toothless and Stormfly have something, but not like that.

But Toothless nodded his head .It was their daughter .He and stormfly's. Hiccup smiled at the little dragon and figured out something all of the sudden.

"If it is your child and you are here so that means........."Suddenly hundreds of dragons came from nowhere and some landed behind Toothless and some stayed in the sky. Hiccup looked up and saw familiar faces:Hookfang, Meatlug, Barf and Belch, Skullcrusher, Cloudjumper and other dragons, except Stormfly.!!!!

"Where is Stormfly, bud?"Hiccup asked Toothless. Toothless looked down in sorrow. Then Hiccup got the point.

"She didn't make it, right?"Toothless looked up with tears. Hiccup continued:

"I know how you feel, trust me. This happened to me too."Hiccup told him and hugged Toothless.

Yes. They are too similar, like always. But Hiccup changed the subject.

"But that doesn't matter, bud. You're here. That will change everything. We can be a team now, like we used to be."Hiccup said excited. But in deep his heart he was sad of losing another memento from his Astrid.

No one understood that Hiccup was right.

"It will change everything"

*****************************************************************

Toothless came back????HOW?

And Stormfly is dead???

It is for you to figure out.