CHAPTER FOUR

Sapphire is now sitting on a cliff looking at the town. It has usually a great view of Berk, but now she only can see sad people whit the smoke of the fire.

She was sad, upset and mad. "Why do I have to be different?"She thought , different from others. Being the bravest and toughest girl in her age is not normal ,specially whit a father who she can't stand.

When she was in her own world she didn't notice that someone is coming toward her.

"What are you doing here, darling ?"

That made her startled .She looked back and saw her kind grandmother. Valka smiled and sat beside her.

"What are you doing here?"She asked again.

"Thinking" she replied quietly.

"Thinking ??.....about what?"Valka asked.

"About my mother." She said and continued "About who she was, and If she is the reason that I became like that, but there is no answer."Sapphire said whit sad voice.

Valka didn't say anything. She knew that Hiccup doesn't allow anybody to talk about Astrid to Sapphire. she thinks Sapphire should know about her mother, but It is against law.

"Please tell me, who was my mother?" Sapphire requested and looked at her grandmother.

Valka became upset and turned away her head.

"Please grandma!!.....I should know. I should know why my dad hates her, why he'd neve............"Valka cut her" He doesn't hate her, he loves her. There is just something that you don't know."

"So tell me. Then I'd know the reason." Sapphire said and looked deep to Valka's eyes. Yeah.......She is as stubborn as her parents.

"Please granny!!!I'm begging you!" Sapphire gave Valka her puppy eyes."I won't tell anybody .It will be our secret."

Valka finally gave up ." FINE. I tell you. But you must promise me that you won't tell anybody, especially your dad."Valka said.

"No. I won't.....I swear!!!!" Sapphire promised to her happily.

"Well.., I tell you!!!"Valka said whit a smile.

"YEAH!!!!!! Okay first question: What was her name? How did she look like? Did she have a weapon? What was it? Was she brave or ........."Valka laughed, made her stopped.

"Oh....Hehe.....dear....My little girl, calm down! A night is not enough for knowing your mother.Even when you want know friends you should spend a lot of time to know them, and in this case ,when you've never seen your mother, you should spend more time!" Valka said.

"Okay....so......go ahead ."She said and stared at her granny's eyes.

Valka started:

"Your mother was a brave Viking warrior. Despite she was a great fighter, she was still kind and the most beautiful girl in Berk...." Sapphire interrupted her" I heard somewhere that she and I are so similar .Is it true?"

"Yes, you are as beautiful as your mother."Valka said whit a smile and Sapphire felt happy."Except your hair. Hers was blond but yours is auburn, like your father, Hiccup."Valka said.

Sapphire got mad again by hearing her father's name, but didn't show it. Valka continued:

"She was so sentimental and it made her special. She was very adventurous too. She, plus your father and your aunt Heather."Valka told her. Sapphire surprised."Aunt Heather?"

"Yeah. She and your mother were best friends......and....Okay enough for tonight. You need to sleep little girl."Valka stood up about to leave.

"WAIT!!!"Valka returned.

"What is my mother's name?" Sapphire asked. Valka smiled and said:

"Astrid. Fearless Astrid Hofferson."

********************************************************************************************************

Hiccup was confused.

"If I could choose between you and my unseen mother I gladly chose HER!!!"

There were the last words that she said before running out of the hall. It is all his fault. He made her to hate him, and now he is taking his punishment.

Valka saw what happened. So , she came closer to Hiccup and whispered:

"She didn't mean it. I'm going to talk to her. Don't worry."She said ,then left the hall.

A tear fell from his eye, but he wiped it quickly. He doesn't want anyone see him crying, like his father. Hiccup headed home. When he was walking he kept thinking about what Sapphire said. Now, his only daughter hates him. He felt alone again, like all these years.

He arrived at Haddock's house. He opened the door and headed upstairs. There were four doors. One of the rooms is Sapphire's room, another one is his mother's and the third one is his own room. The last room in the end of the corridor is always locked. No one is allow to go there except him. It is his private and special room .Even his mother never went there. There is just one key for the room that is always whit him.The door was very old and dusty .Looked like no one went there for a hundred years. But inside it is too different.

He opened the room, and went inside. He lighted a candle on the desk and it made the room lighter.

Some of the walls were covered by his drawings. There was a big desk in the corner and a big double bed near the window. There were a saddle and some tails and a flight suit hanging on the right wall. There was also a chain mail on the chair near the desk .A whit long dress was on the bed. It looked like a wedding dress. There was also a bloody axe leaning by the bed.Opposite of the door,they were clean.He have been taken care of all of them carefully. 

He went near the desk and looked at the chain mail. It was from his father. The last thing that left from him .He only had this to remember his great father. He felt a lump in his throat. He missed him very much.

Then, he looked at the right wall. There was his flight suit that he never used in five years. All of the tails and saddle were great reminders of his best friend. Their adventures, their tricks, their friendship. He could remember all his memories with Toothless. He looked at them and smiled weakly. How much he missed him, how much he missed his goofy smile. He felt tears are ready to falling from his eyes , but he held them.

Then he turned his head to bed and sat on it. He stared at the dress and remembered his wife, his love,his Astrid. It was her wedding dress. She was so beautiful in it, looked like an angle from heaven. An angle who left him and made him depress for five years. He can't held the tears anymore, so he began to cry quietly. He held the dress tightly and cried in to it.

"Why did you guys leave me?"He said to the things.

"Why?...Why...? What have I done to you? Was I a bad son?a bad friend? a bad husband?"He cried.

It was his habit, coming to the room, talking to the things, crying and so on.

After thirty minutes of sobbing and crying. He headed out of the room, but he stopped by hearing a loud scream from the forest.