CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

It was a beautiful morning and everyone was having their jobs.

Hiccup was still on the bed. He was awake, but with close eyes and busy mind.

"Where can she be? Did she leave like Astrid?" he was thinking about where Camicazi might be. But he had no idea. Then heard someone's yawning, first thought it was his imagination, but then he heard it again.

He opened his eyes quickly and found Camicazi near him stretching. WAIT? Camicazi is stretching?

He got up from bed quickly and looked at her.

"Oh, Hey..Hicc-" she interrupted by Hiccup hugging her tightly.

"up..." she finished her sentence. Astrid shocked. She didn't expect this react from him and blushed a bit.

"Thanks God. I thought you left." He said and pulled apart, found out Astrid watching him shocked and confused. Then he realized what he just did. He looked down nervously. Astrid laughed.

"Don't worry that much about me. I won't die until I dance on your grave!" he laughed along with her.

"But where have you been? I though you have being captured by someone."

"ME? Being captured? Such a creator mind you have! by the way, how is going with planning?" Astrid changed the subject. She knew he isn't ready for this.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"You forget? Sapphire's birthday is next week. So, how is going with the preparation?"

Hiccup became upset and his head was down. Astrid frowned.

"Don't tell me you haven't done anything. It's your daughter's birthday."

"No, no...no. I mean I was planning for this for a long time, but...." He didn't finish his sentence.

"But what?" she asked. Hiccup sighed.

"You know, I think it's useless. Like you said, ten years is a long time. So, where is my chance to make up for her?" he sat on the edge of bed. Astrid smiled and sat near him.

"Hiccup, it is your best chance to do this. I'm sure she is waiting for your hint. Don't give up and I'm right with you to-"

"CAMICAZI! You came back!" Astrid being cut by Sapphire opening the door and ran toward them. Sapphire hugged Astrid and she returned it.

"Of course I came back. I still have to teach you a lot of things, right?" Sapphire nodded.

"Let's go"

She grabbed Astrid's hand and pulled her to the door. But Astrid didn't like it. She knew Sapphire should do something.

"Sapphire! Aren't you forgetting something?" Astrid said and gestured Hiccup standing awkwardly. Sapphire looked at Hiccup, then Astrid. Astrid nodded and took her hand. She guided her toward Hiccup and then said:

"Now, greet your father." Sapphire looked at her father with doubts. She wasn't sure what things are going to be, but she was waiting for this for a decade.

Hiccup opened his arms to hug his child with a smile. He didn't expect her to hug her but for his surprise, Sapphire jumped in to his arms all of the sudden. He shocked first but hugged her back.

"Good morning, Da-Chief!" she greeted him. He noticed she was gonna call him Dad but didn't mention it. He smiled at Astrid who had double thumbs up. Then he whispered to Sapphire.

"Good morning to you too, Daughter!" this time he didn't scare to call her his daughter and he could feel Sapphire's smile into his chest. They pulled apart and then Astrid clapped her hands.