CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Days passed, and Sapphire's birthday is coming closer and closer. Hiccup planned to surprise her, but actually he wants to make up ten years full of fights and hates.

Astrid is always near him, helping him with preparations. He couldn't thank enough her 'cause she is the one who helped him with Sapphire.

He is now sitting on his chair and trying to find a way to give Sapphire his gift. But he can't focus on this case. He is thinking about Camicazi/Astrid.

Hiccup couldn't understand why he becomes nervous when Camicazi is around. He has butterflies when he hears her laugh. He blushes when she was a bit closer than usual.

Why? Why he is acting like this? He is acting when Astrid was around years ago.

So, it means he loves Camicazi? NO WAY!

He couldn't find any reason how he became like this. First he was doubtful about her but now he is in love with her! It is ridicules! Crazy! Foolish and.....

Okay let's take a deep breath and think back a little:

1 When she came to Berk, he didn't trust her.

2 Then he hated her because she was teasing and mocking him.

3 He found out she is a rider and warrior as great as Astrid.

4 She has the same body smell as Astrid.

5 She slapped him twice (which hurt a lot)

6 He figured out she is Astrid's cousin.

7 She helped him to be closer to Sapphire.

8 She then became as kind as Astrid to him and as kind as a mother to Sapphire.

9 and....

Wait!

He noticed that she was acting like Astrid in any time and any second. He thinks because she is Astrid's cousin. But it was still weird. Even if they were twins they couldn't be THAT similar.

What? No! She can't be Astrid! Astrid is....dead, ten years ago. She is gone.

Then that's why he fell for her. She reminds him Astrid. Whenever he looks at her like he is looking at Astrid. But he doesn't like this feeling. It hurts Astrid's feelings if he falls for another woman than her. He thinks Astrid is now watching her from Valhalla and says:" What a play boy you are." And it will be bad, horrible and whatever that is not good.

He took his head in to his hands and whispered:"Why am I acting like this? I promised to Astrid I won't fall for another woman. But now..." he was going to tear up.

"Um...Are you okay?" he turned his head around and found Camicazi looking worried at him.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine. Just a bit nervous." He lied, sort of.

Astrid smiled and leaned the wall near his desk.

"About Sapphire's birthday, right?" he nodded. But it was totally a lie. No, he is nervous about Astrid's feelings from Valhalla.

Astrid put her hand on his shoulder." Don't worry. You will be fine and Sapphire finally has her father back. You will see."He smiled at her but soon turned his head, didn't let her to see his smile he used to show to Astrid.

When he noticed Camicazi is completely silent, he looked around and saw her frozen. He raised an eyebrow at her and asked:"You Okay?"

Astrid shook her head and came to reality.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." She said a bit nervous. He was about to speak but she was already gone!

******************************************************************