Chapter 30

Adriana's POV

I feel kind of bad for whoever has to clean this locker room. After we are done with it, I don't even know how it is going to look. Probably coated with a layer of sticky Gatorade.

I DON'T EVEN CARE! WE WON!

But Christiano knew who I was, despite the disguise and other stuff I was doing to prevent it. Was it because it was obvious?

I am probably fretting over nothing. We had known each other longer than anyone else from my current soccer filled life, and he knew me better than probably anyone did.

I thought I was the same way, knowing him super well, but I was wrong.

But, back to the amazing topic of my team winning. I know I should be upset that Real Madrid lost, but I scored! SQUEEEE!

"And the man of the match is... ADRIAN MALINOWSKI!" Yelled Joshy as he picked me up with a bunch of his, sorry, our teammates and started carrying me around the field.

I just enjoyed the moment. I had always wanted to be on a professional soccer team, and now that I was, it was the best feeling in the world.

We paraded around the field with the crowd cheering like we had just won the champions league, even though we still had a long path to go to do that. This was going to be the start of a new era. I hope.

After coach telling us we had to get off the field, the boys finally put me down and we walked over to the locker room, pushing each other and knocking heads.

As we got to the locker room, it was all decided that none of us would be getting any sleep tonight. It was going to be a party, and we knew that we were not going to have practice tomorrow.

"Ok guys, we have some interviews that we have to get out of the way. Just do those and then you can celebrate all you want," Coach said, harshly reminding us that we could not celebrate yet. "Adrian, you are up first. Just tell them what they want to hear. Get them to like you, and act like a modest young kid who does not know anything about professional soccer. Got it?" He asked me.

"Sir, yes, Sir," I said in a deep voice with a stiff back and salute. Then I marched out of the room followed by a bit of laughter.

"Adrian! Over here! Adrian! Adrian!" The interviewers screamed.

I chose someone from the crowd at random, and the pictures and scribbling on notepads began.

"How come none of us have ever heard of you?" A balding man asked.

"Well, in high school, I was not invited to any big colleges because I wasn't that good at soccer. I went to the community college and would not stop playing soccer, and then some scouts finally noticed me, and here I am now," I summed up.

"You seemed to know all the little ways to get passed the Real Madrid defense, which normally only comes with playing with or against them for a long time. How did you do it?" A young female reporter asked.

"I watched some pre-recorded videos of them playing in their games and found out what they did right and wrong. So then I just put that into action. It took forever, though," I said with a slight laugh.

"Now, I am going to ask something that I am sure a lot of young ladies are wondering right now. Are there any special women in your life?" Asked a 20 or so year old lady who was wearing a ton of makeup.

"Nope. I am currently available," I said with a somewhat derpy face.

"Well, if there are any girls you have your eyes on, there isn't really a way they could say no!" She laughed while curling her long blonde hair. I don't like her.