Chapter 17

Adriana's POV

I felt kind of bad for shutting the door in Neymar's face, but be deserved it. Who goes to his enemy's house to give a hug to the enemy's girlfriend?

Just Neymar.

And maybe a psychopath with a death wish, but other than that, just Neymar.

As I went back into the house, the party started up again. We all drank, danced, and did a bunch of other random party activities.

It was great.

The boys were all a little bit wild, but what can be expected?

Eventually I knew that my white dress wasn't going to stay white for long.

And if your wondering what happened to it, a drunk Marcelo carrying martini crashed into me. 

Needless to say, I needed to change my dress.

As I wandered to my room, I wondered what Cris and I were going to do all week. I mean, a week is fairly long. 

I walked into my room, shut the door, and started taking off my dress.

I was totally oblivious to the fact that there was somebody in the room, until after I had stripped down into my bra and underwear.

When I saw him, I jumped about a foot into the air. No exaduartion. OK, maybe a little exaduartion, but not much. I jumped high.

He was just laying on the bed, facing away from me (thank goodness) and sniffling. I soon recognized him as Martin, and was immediately concerned.

Since he had just won a game, I knew what kind of sniffle it was. One that I had known too well.

A heartbroken sniffle.

I don't even think he noticed me, but I felt bad for him. My compassionate side (yes, I have a compassionate side) took control and I sat down next to him. I started gently stroking his side in an effort to calm him down. His muscles were very tense, but after a minute, he calmed down and stopped sniffling.

Martin turned over to look at me, and his eyes were all red and the skin around them was puffy. His blue eyes scanned me, the person who had calmed him, and I was interested to see how he would react.

He quickly turned away as if to respect my privacy, but I just thought how this was just like wearing a bikini. That didn't really help my self consciousness.

"No, no. It's OK. You can look at me." I said calmly, trying really hard to appear as if I didn't care who saw me.

He turned back to me, and I wondered how long he had been crying his blue eyes out.

"You can tell me anything." I said calmly.

Martin's POV

"You can tell me anything." She said to me, and I let her words calm in me.

And then I let it all loose to my teammate's girlfriend.

"It was my girlfriend. She broke up with me just now. She saw the news with you on it and thought that you were one of the WAGs of the team, and that there was going to be a party. She thought that I didn't invite her because I invited some other girl. She thought I was cheating." I said and couldn't stop my flow of words. I took a shaky breath and continued.

"She said that we were done and that she was actually cheating on me too, and that this other man and her were deeply in love. She said that she only dated me for fame, and that this new guy was going to get her to fame faster." I said and then burst out crying.