Chapter 18

Adriana's POV

If you don't remember what I just did,  I just walked out on my boyfriend, and had invited everyone to the Messi house.

Somehow, I honestly got a few people to come with me. Martin obviously came, and so did James and Iker. Thank goodness. Others came as well, but they were mostly quiet on the way there.

My mind was a mess right now. This was going to be huge. I was going to show up on my brother's doorstep, when he didn't expect me home for another 6 days, and I was going to be with part of the team that just beat him. What the heck am I going to do?

We split up in different cars, and I insisted in going with James, Martin, and Iker. I was an emotional wreck, and only they understood my random outbursts. 

Part of me wondered what other people would think if they saw a line of sports cars on the road like ours. We had a good five cars, and it wasn't every day that you saw that. I half noticed a few people on the street stareing at us. Thank goodness for tinted windows.

Before we arrived, James had an idea to cheer me up. Pretend he was the pizza delivery boy. So he made us stop for pizza, and then reactions inside were hilarious.

Imagine you work at a little pizza place. Then three very well known soccer players walk in like they are just normal people.

I think one lady fainted... I hope she's OK.

Then they took a few pictures, and were out of there as fast as they were in.

As we drove up to my brother and my house, I laughed, despite the circumstances.

We decided to send in James with the pizza, and I was going to record the entire thing.

James got out of the car with the pizzas and rang the doorbell. Sure enough, Leo answered the door.

"Mr. Messi!" James blurted. "Such a pleasure to see you!"

I almost lost it right there. Luckily, someone clamped their hand over my mouth.

James continued. "These were the two pizzas you ordered! One pepperoni, and one vegetarian. Is there anything else I can get you?" 

Then my brother said "Yes actually. Can you tell me where the hidden cameras are? I know who you are, James Rodriguez, and there is probably an entire team hiding in my bushes." He said and then he muttered to himself, "You guys have the weirdest way of celebrating."

"No. Mr. Messi. You must be confused. My name is Juan." He said and pointed at his nameplate that was just a sticky note that we put on his shirt. "See? Juan."

I laughed so hard at that. Silently, but I almost fell out of the bushes.

Then Iker, who had snuck away without my noticing came up onto the path and acted like a game show host.

"Congratulations, Mr. Messi! You have won! Somehow you saw right through our masterful disguise and saw who it really was!" He said and gave me a look, so I decided to play along with this. I was going to be that one girl that every show has, and her only purpose is to look pretty and show off the prizes.

I gave my phone to Martin for him to continue recording what was going on.

But I needed a prize...  I then ran to the car and picked up a Real Madrid soccer ball from the back.

I then snuck up behind Iker and did my best impression of a supermodel.

I almost fell over... That would have been bad.

I honestly don't understand how some girls live on heels. It doesn't work that way for me.

Iker quickly caught on to what I was doing and said, "Congratulations Mr. Messi! You have won a brand new Real Madrid official soccer ball!"

He said while I showed it off.

Leo's jaw dropped when he saw me. I tried really hard to keep my composure and not laugh or do anything stupid. That is a lot to ask of me.

I gave my brother the soccer ball, gave him a kiss on the cheek, and walked back to Iker.

Then Leo's brain finally started working again.

"Adriana?!?!?! What are you doing here? How do you know these guys? Is one of them your boyfriend? Aren't you supposed to be at his house for another week?" He said and then I laughed.

"These are my best friends!" I said and motioned for everyone in the bushes to stand up.

I honestly had no idea how awkward this was going to be.

But I continued talking to try to make it easier for everyone. "Ronaldo was my boyfriend. Key word: was. I saw a video of him hitting Martin over here and I knew that he was just acting all nice to me, and not anyone else. So we drove here to get away from that monster." I said and then asked him something that could go really well or terribly wrong. "Can they stay here for a few days?"

"Umm..." Leo said. "Sure? If it makes you happy?"

"That sounded more like a question. But is it a yes?" I asked pleadingly.

"Yes. It is a yes. Come on in." My brother said to us and I have him a huge hug.

As soon as I got inside I heard him say "Don't make me regret this." It sounded super menacing.

I went into the house and walked off to find each of the boys a room.

Lionel's POV

My mind was racing and thoughts were spinning.

Since when was my twin best friends with my rival team?

How did I not know?

Why did Ronaldo hit someone?

Who did he hit?

What was I going to do?

All of the sudden, Adriana came into my room.

"Hey." She said to me with a small smile. "I am guessing you probably want to talk?"

"Of course I do! Do you know how much if a shock this is?" I said.

"No." She said with a slight smile and tiny laugh.

"Well, it is a shock! You have no idea what I was thinking when James Rodriguez rang my doorbell? And how long have you known these guys?" I asked her.

"Years." She said simply with a shrug. "Cris was scouting me at one of my games and I did amazing, and so naturally he was interested. I wonder if you can find a video of that on YouTube. You probably can." She said to me.

I took out my phone and asked her what to search. She told me and sure enough, it was the first thing to pop up.

"Why don't we show all of the guys? That would be a good way to bond. You know, common interests, soccer, me, that kind of thing." She said to me and I agreed.

"I'll go get them." She said with a smile as my sister bounded out of the room.

"Meet you in the living room!" I called after her with fake enthusiasm. I was not looking forward to this.

I walked there slowly and started to hook up my phone to the the TV.

They started gathering on the couch and were talking without me.

Adriana jogged into the room and declared, "That's everybody! Go ahead and start it." She said and sat onto the couch. "By the way, it is a full, game, so get comfortable."

And then we watched my sister annihilate the other team.

*If anyone had any ideas on what they would like to see happen next, message me. I am open to ideas! ☺*