Chapter 31

Neymar's POV

I sat down with Leo and the rest of the team to watch the Bayern vs Real Madrid game. We were all crowded around on a couple of couches, sitting on top of each other, just trying to catch a glimpse of the giant TV in the Messi house living room. This is where we watched Adriana's college game that she wasn't scouted at.

I knew we were all hoping we would catch a glimpse of Adriana in the crowd. It wasn't likely, but it wasn't too unlikely either. She was the sister of Lionel Messi, and her alone at a Real Madrid game would probably be noticed.

Wait, would she be alone? Would she be with another guy, other than me? I sure hope not.

We had told the coaches that it would be beneficial to watch the game of two of our rival teams so that we could see what they had and scout out new players to do some background research about. Adrian Malinowski was supposed to play today, at least, that is what they had hoped.

Neither team did very well in attacking in the beginning, but as soon as I thought that, it changed. Robben was charging down the field in an incredibly quick attack. We would have to keep an eye on him. Pepe immediately swept in to try to get the ball from the Dutch soccer player, but we all know Pepe is a very vicious and aggressive defender and he was probably going to get a yellow card sometime in this game.

And then, surprise, he attempted a slide tackle and left Robben rolling around on the ground in pain.

"What a baby," Luis (Suarez) said. We had all see that one game in the World Cup where he had dove for a penalty kick and knocked Mexico out of the World Cup.

But when he would normally get up after being satisfied with getting a penalty, he didn't.

"Dude, I think he is actually hurt," said Ivan.

Sure enough, Bayern called for a sub, and then Malinowski came in.

"How much do you want to bet that he sucks and is going to be a total letdown?" Gerard (Pique) asked me.

"I say, he will be good. Not as good as Robben, but not terrible," I said with a challenging look.

"I am going to say he will be better than Robben. It shouldn't be that hard to beat him, so I say $50 he is amazing," Leo said with a laugh.

"Winner gets all $150," Gerard said, and then we went back to watching the game.

The camera zoomed in on Malinowski, and we got a good look at him for the fist time.

"Leo, he looks like you!" I exclaimed. "Wait. Look at me." I said while examining his face vs the one on the screen. "You guys could be twins! You sure you don't have a brother?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure. And if you want to bring up look-a-likes, then what about Barry Cotter? How do we know that he isn't your twin?" Leo asked me.

"We don't..." I said with a derpy grin, and a few guys started laughing.

After that, we continued watching the game. It was a free kick for Bayern, and it was close to the penalty box. No one was covering the Messi look-a-like, and if he played anything like Leo, or Adriana for that matter, then he would be good.

"I know what you're thinking about," Leo said.

"What!? How? And what do you think I am thinking about?" I asked.

"We're supposed to get to know each other so well so we can complete passes and stuff. And you are thinking about my sister." He said smugly.

"No... I'm not... I was thinking about Malinowski. Two totally different people. Now can we watch without you interrupting?" I stuttered.

"Sure... Sure..." He said with a smile. He turned to face back to the screen, where Bayern was taking their sweet time at trying to line up the kick. As we were watching intently and trying to analyze the kicking strategies for Bayern and Real, Leo leaned over to me, and whispered something into my ear that I never thought he would say. Ever.

"When she comes back, I give you permission to date my twin," He said. "But if you do anything bad to her, I will kill you personally. Got it?"

"Yes," I gulped, but inside I was partying. WHAT THE HECK???

Going back to the game, Bayern finally kicked it, Malinowski volleyed it, and he scored!

"HA! THOSE £150 ARE GOING TO BE MINE!" Leo yelled at me among the team celebrating their arch rival being scored on.

"Ugh. I hate you," I said, not happy about losing my money.

"I could take back what I said about you and Adri..." He threatened.

"NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPEDY-NOPE. NOPE. BIG BAG OF NOPE. I'm good with this current arrangement," I said and the few guys around me laughed.

We finally quieted down, but then heard a banging on the door.

"POLICE! OPEN UP!" We heard some male voices yell.

We rushed to the door and opened it in fear. No matter if we were all professional soccer players or not, these were the police. THE POLICE. WHAT DID I DO THIS TIME?

Wait... I didn't do anything, right?

The "police" barged in and fanned out, pointing their guns around but not shooting. It seemed like they were looking for something. They didn't look like police. Each one was dressed entirely in black so that I could only see each one's cold eyes. They wore belt full of ammunition and other guns, and I knew they weren't messing around.

"Tell us where Adriana is and no one will get hurt!" One of them yelled, probably the leader.

"Sh-she isn't h-here," I stuttered. "Sh-she-she's i-in Ger-Germany"

"03, is he lying?" The leader asked.

"No," Someone else replied, probably 03.

"D**m. She's escaped again. Code orange, men. Move out," He said with a hand motion, and like that, the men that barged into Leo's house claiming that they were the police marched out, leaving the door open and our brain still processing what had happened.

I looked to Leo, and I am fairly sure we both knew what the other was thinking.

We then both spoke the same words at the same time: "What? We have to warn her."