Chapter 35

Adriana's POV

It was confirmed a few days ago that I was going to be on the Real Madrid team. We didn't know when, but I was on the team. I was driving to the practice field for day 1 of the initiation ceremony-thingy. The one where everyone pretends you aren't there. 

I, knowing all of these guys, know exactly what I am going to do to counteract the ignoring me tactics. No man can resist doubling over after getting hit in their you-know-where. That is my plan. I might have to tease a few, like call Marcelo slow, and a few other things like that, and I knew they were going to have to cave.

Aren't I evil?

I started jogging to the stadium, knowing that no one would give me a ride. This was probably going to be entertaining.

I arrived quickly and discovered that the boys had not changed their habits. None of them were there, even though there were only 10 minutes until practice started. Boys will be boys.

Wait, did they change the practice place or time since last time?

No, they couldn't have. They would never.

Would they?

No.

Dang it. This is confusing. I'll call Cris. He would answer to Adriana, right?

I quickly dialed his number, and he picked up on the 3rd ring.

"Hey, Cris. Where are you?" I asked in my feminine voice.

"I'm headed to practice. Why?" He responded.

"It's in the same place as last time I went, right?" I asked, unsure.

"Yeah. Why?" He asked me again.

"No reason," I said and almost hung up. "Love you."

"Love you too," he said, and I hung up.

Sure enough, the boys did show up, with only a minute to spare. After all of this time, nothing has changed.

Including the initiation process. Today, I was invisible, Should be interesting.

Just to test my expectation, I decided I was going to greet Marcelo, but as the defender I blew by in a game.

"Marcelo! You recover from me out sprinting you yet?" I teased. No response. "Hey, slowpoke! I'm talking to you!" I yelled to him. Again, nothing.

Ok. Try someone else. Maybe they forgot.

"Hey, Keylor, you want to do some penalty practice? It'll help both of us." I asked him, fairly nicely. 

No response from him, though.

I guess, because no one is going to pay attention to me, then why don't I just work on some random skill moves and impress them, even though they wouldn't pretend to see me. Might as well work on some of the tricks from the Germans and one Polak. Jealousy is a great thing to use to your advantage.

I started working on the opposite goal that most of the boys were using, and did what I do best; freestyling. Freestyling is a great way to play around with a ball while impressing people. What better way to prove to someone that you play soccer?

Ugh. This is no fun.

Might as well call Leo or Neymar or something.

I was about to pull out my phone when Cris came over. Only half an hour into practice and he had given up on trying to ignore me.

He hugged me from behind, and put his face in my short hair.

"I can't stand pretending you aren't there," He mumbled.